Edible Image Systems

Decorating By kissmekate Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 3:15am by icer101

kissmekate Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:08am
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone
I am looking into purchasing an edible imaging system and have no idea where to start. I want a system for multiple functions, cakes, cookies, etc. I dont want to spend tons of money, but I want it to print great pictures and be functional, so I want to make it worth it. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

5 replies
neelycharmed Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:28am
post #2 of 6

I asked the same question the other day.
I'm still not sure on which one to get.
I heard the canon is great, and others say the epson is better.
So, i'm still stuck as well.
icon_smile.gif I Hope to get a printer soon, Good Luck to you as well. icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 9:57am
post #3 of 6

I got the Epson NX400, I think it was around $50 - $60 (at the office supply store) and then ordered the 4 pack of color from Kopykake. I also ordered 25 frosting sheets and the color refill kit.

I think it was a great deal, the pictures came out clear and crisp (the Army/Grad cake as well as the Converse/Roxy/Avril Lavigne cake) and I also made some photo cookies.

I think the ink, refill & frosting sheets came to about $150 from Kopykake but it would be $40 less if you skipped on the refill kit (I just know how quick the ink can go and it was SO much cheaper to refill then to keep buying $78 color kits. HTH

Cojack Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 6

Does anyone have a name of a Canadian distributor for edible image printers?

Thank you.

kissmekate Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:05am
post #5 of 6

thanks I will look into those, the ones I was looking at were several hundred dollars! icon_razz.gif

icer101 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:15am
post #6 of 6

i just bought the epson nx400. it was 70 dollars at office max.. then i purchased the frosting sheets and ink at kopykake.. i followed the thread on here that was titled.. edibleimageprinter...whichone? i don,t know how to get you there... maybe someone else does. i just go on my home page and type that title in and it takes me to the cakecentral thread. hth they are really nice at kopykake.. try to find that thread and read it all..

Quote by @%username% on %date%