Not A Fondant... Am I Outcasted?

Decorating By SunMamaof3 Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 5:16pm by HamSquad

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:24pm
post #31 of 33

Hammy - go to your PROFILE, then PREFERENCES, then "Allow other members to post comments on my photos" and select YES.

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:49pm
post #32 of 33

This goes along with the others, all the cakes you think are fondant are not. There are so many tips and tricks and recipes on this site for "Crusting Buttercream" and the methods to get them SMOOOOOOTH. I'm new to all this and I just keep practicing. I just tried Indydebi's recipe for Buttercream and it was a different flavor than I was use to but I really liked it (thanks for sharing Indydebi! it is awsome!).

Now as for the fondant, pretty sure everyone here (a couple already have) will tell you that the boxed Wilton stuff takes like...well, cardboard, poo (just a couple descriptions frequently used). I have tried MMF without much success. HOWEVER, I just made a batch of MFF last week and I LOVED it! More steps than MMF, but for me it was the fact that there was less mess, I could use my KitchenAid and the recipe give you so many flavoring options. Not to mention on the first try I got a beautiful silky smooth batch of fondant. Give a couple of recipes a try, even if it just for practice and to see what they taste like, you can freeze the MFF to use later.

Oh, and here I don't think anyone is an outcast! This is a wonderful place. There are professionals and hobbists, everyone here just loves what they do and they helpful and supportive. Have fun and post your pictures! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:16pm
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwawa

Hammy - go to your PROFILE, then PREFERENCES, then "Allow other members to post comments on my photos" and select YES.

Thank you Superwawa, also thank you Win for pm me, went into my profile and clicked on the yes, made some changes. You guys are so wonderful.
Have a Great Week Cakers
Hammy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%