Girl Talk

Lounge By Rylan Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 3:06am by Rylan

Rylan Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 8

My soon-to-be-husband-who-knows-when-we-will-get-married is really supportive of me. He loved my child (puppy) from my ex as if it was his own. He has a lot of patience and always comfort me even if I complain a lot. I really want to do something good in return.

What do you think is a great way to express how thankful I am to him?

Share stories of the sweet and romantic things you have done for your husband/partner. It doesn't matter if it is cheesy or not.

7 replies
MnSnow Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 8

I did a candle light dinner with roses, ballons, steaks off the grill and stuff like that. It was great!

Deb_ Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 8

awwwwwwww RylanTy, you sound so happy!
One of the best feelings in the world is to find your soul mate and it sounds like you did.

I found my soul mate when I was 16 and 30 yrs later we're still together and very much in love.

I think the nicest thing you can do for your honey is to just tell him daily how important he is to you and how proud you are of him and all that he has accomplished.

Supporting each other through good times and bad and a deep mutual respect are a good foundation to build a life long relationship on.

When my husband is having a stressful time at work I like to surprise him with a bubble bath (we have a huge 2 person jacuzzi in our master bath). I surround it with candles and have his favorite drink waiting for him, along with some soft music. Of course cooking him his favorite dinner and dessert is also a nice touch.

You can make up a "coupon book" with different things that he can redeem like a "massage", "bubble bath", "etc.....(I'll keep this "G" rated) icon_lol.gif (ahem.....whipped cream, LOL!!)

You don't have to spend any money at all, just use your imagination! icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 2:04am
post #4 of 8

Hmmmms sounds like a great idea MnSnow and dkelly. Maybe I should combine it. How does steak at the jacuzzi with candles around the tub sounds like? It would be great to keep the steak sizzling hot.

Dkelly, you are hilarious and I love the different suggestions you mentioned and it is also really inspiring to know that you have been with your husband since 16. I've never seen/heard anything like that.

I think the coupon book is also a great idea. Hmmm, I am wondering what I would be putting in there. I'm sure the whipped cream you just mentioned will make it there =]

shelbur10 Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 2:17am
post #5 of 8

It's wonderful to have someone like that to share your life with, Rylan, I am so happy for you. The romantic gestures are truly wonderful, but after 13 years of marriage, my DH and I show our appreciation best for each other in little ways (my post from the other day notwithstanding...) We had some rocky times in the past and we've learned to tell each other frequently how much we love & appreciate each other. Quite often we just tell each other some of the wonderful qualities that we love in the other, just out of the blue.
By all means, do something special for him. But also remember that you have found someone who is treating you the way you deserve to be treated. You're a wonderful person and I just know that you show him the same love and support that you receive. I'm sure he feels just as lucky to have you.

Rylan Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 2:27am
post #6 of 8

Awww Shellie, I almost got teary eyed. I was just reading you thread the other day. I think I will call him right now just to tell him his wonderful qualities.

Thanks Shellie, that is so sweet of you.

Deb_ Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 2:38am
post #7 of 8
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Hmmmms sounds like a great idea MnSnow and dkelly. Maybe I should combine it. How does steak at the jacuzzi with candles around the tub sounds like? It would be great to keep the steak sizzling hot.

LOL!! So would kind of be like a Chinese Pu Pu Platter, you could put the steak on sticks like steak terriyaki!!! icon_lol.gif

I must remember this idea........combine the jacuzzi with the dinner and of course the whipped cream for dessert! icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Rylan Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:06am
post #8 of 8

Dkelly, that is a better idea rather than having knives!

I'm so excited for this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%