French Vanilla Wasc?

Decorating By Kissycake Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 3:57pm by Cojack

Kissycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kissycake Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 6

I had a customer request a french vanilla cake. I usually make the WASC as my base. Can I just use the french vanilla cake mix in the recipe? Should I get some french vanilla yogurt to use in place of the sour cream?

Also wondering if I should get some french vanilla coffee creamer for my icing - I use Sugarshack's buttercream recipe.

Thanks for your help.

5 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 6

I've used french vanilla cake mix and took the almond extract off the WASC recipe. It turned out really well.

I don't see why you shouldn't use french vanilla coffee creamer in your BC.

Good luck.

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 6

I've have used the french vanilla creamer in sugarshacks recipe. It really does add great flavor! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm
post #4 of 6

Kakeladi's ORIGINAL White Almond Sour Cream cake recipe....... *NOTES: *ANY* cake flavor can be used......Match the flavoring to the cake flavor such use lemon/almond mix for lemon cake; strawberry for a strawberry cake etc, etc. For most flavors you can use a mixture of vanilla, butter, and almond which is what I do most of the time.........Some....have....use. plain or flavored yogurt instead of sour cream.......I've always used all purpose flour. Some tell me they use cake flour but then the amount is less
You can use milk, juice, thawed fzn concentrates, soda pop (ie: Coke) cream or just about anything wet for the liquid.

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 5:53am
post #5 of 6

Don't mean to Hi-jack, but Kakeladi I seriously am in LOOOVE with your recipe!

Cojack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cojack Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 6

I too "changed up" the WASC recipe to an orange flavour. I eliminated the almond extract and replaced it orange extract along with orange food coloring. It was a hit at my son's th Bday party.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%