Chicklets Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:16pm
post #1 of

Global Sugar Art is out of stock, does anyone know a good place to purchase high ratio shortening? Any one used The Baker's Kitchen?

Thanks!

21 replies
oneyracing Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:15pm
post #2 of

i found a very small local cake supply store in the phone book that had mine...i use alpine...

seeshores Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:24pm
post #3 of

I don't know if you have one is your area but I get mine at the bulk barn

SugarLover2 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:24pm
post #4 of

might be too late to answer this but, i ordered mine from here: http://www.eatyourdessertfirst.com/icing_fillings.html

dutchy1971 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 6:45pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicklets

is out of stock, does anyone know a good place to purchase high ratio shortening? Any one used The Baker's Kitchen?

Thanks!

Yes, speedy delivery good price, 1/2 the price I was paying at my local cake store. I paid around $100-120 for 50lb cube delivered. I was paying $10.99 for 3lbs

tmcakes Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #6 of

I just ordered mine from foundant source 50 lb cube for $79.99 a lot cheaper than GSA. shipping was fast and I received it unharm by the heat yesterday.

dutchy1971 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:46pm
post #7 of

@ tmcakes is that $79.99 delivered? if so thats way cheaper than the $100+ I just paid.

icer101 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:55pm
post #8 of

i get mine from chefwarehouse.com.. 100.00 includes shipping.. 50 lbs.. got great tasting raspberry filling. i order that from them also.. delicious.

ttehan4 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 8:59pm
post #9 of

I ordered a 50# box of Sweetex from Gordons Food Service or GFS lastnight for 71.99. They dont carry it in stock but they ordered it next day for me. Then I remembered this wholesale place today and I called and asked if they sold to the public and they do. They carry it and it was only 67.00 for 50# sweetex. Im also getting a 50 lb. bag of 10X sugar from them for 27.00. Its a local place called Strahlers Foods in Central ohio.

holly4409 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 9:00pm

silly question. what is the high ratio shortening used for?

DamarisC Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 10:18pm

you can also go to www.thebakerskitchen.com

7.99 for 4lbs
79.99 think for 50lbs.
I searched the net a lot on HR Shortening and this is the cheapest if found it, after considering taxes and shipping. Maybe there is a cheaper site though.

Oh, i get ALPINE, but they sell both SWEETEX and ALPINE. Hope this helps.

tonedna Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 10:24pm

I never bought here but i saw this place the other day
http://www.shopbakersnook.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=1628
Edna icon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:53am

I can get it locally, fortunately, at a Sysco Cash n Carry. It was $80 plus tax today, for 50#..

For those of you who use it.. If one cup Crisco is called for, how much Sweetex do you use?

oneyracing Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 9:08pm

wow those prices icon_eek.gif ...i got a 50lb cube for alittle over $43 bucks at a bake store in the phone book...it was alpine...

FonDont Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 2:41am

Do you think Sam's warehouse bakery might carry it? I'd love to avoid the shipping cost, and the weather is still warm here.

zahnby Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 3:48am

Hi, I live in Charlotte, NC and there is a Restaurant Depot here that sells 50lbs for $59 plus tax.  I do not really need that much so will freeze it. I have not purchased it yet because I was told they were going to get it in 1 lb containers but now they say they will not soooo, I will have to get the 50 lbs.

Walmart has a brand 'Carlina' that, to me, is better than Crisco because of the diffrend fat content, but I still want the Hi Ratio [Sweetex}

zahnby Posted 29 Jun 2013 , 3:52am

Hi, I live in Charlotte, NC and there is a Restaurant Depot here that sells 50lbs for $59 plus tax.  I do not really need that much so will freeze it. I have not purchased it yet because I was told they were going to get it in 1 lb containers but now they say they will not soooo, I will have to get the 50 lbs.

Walmart has a brand 'Carlina' that, to me, is better than Crisco because of the diffrend fat content, but I still want the Hi Ratio [Sweetex}

I do not think the Sam's here has it in the bakery section because their icing comes to them already made

Sweetcakegirl Posted 24 Sep 2013 , 12:22pm

If you are looking for an online site check out:

http://stovercompany.com/categories/shortening/cake-shortening.html

They are a Pittsburgh base bakery supply distributor that offers a ton of commercial grade products.  They offer some of the lowest prices around, and are great to work with.

They are offering Alpine Hi Ratio Shortening for $47 dollars.

trista4120 Posted 29 Sep 2013 , 7:02pm

ACan anyone tell me if this is a good high ratio shortening. It is the only one I could find in my area. Food max.

Nutrition facts: caleried 120. Ca from fat 120 Total fat 13g, 20%- Sat. Fat3g- 15% Trans fat 2.5g- polyunsaturated fat 3 g Monounsaturated fat 4.5g

Cakespirations Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 10:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zahnby 

I do not think the Sam's here has it in the bakery section because their icing comes to them already made

I am also in the charlotte area. I only use sweetex to make the icing for my cake dummies. I can let you know the next time i need a box or you can just get some from me. I can split one with you. The only place I get it is restaurant depot also.  :)

Cakes n Treats Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 11:10pm

Can someone tell me where I can get Alpine or Sweetex in the Indiana, Indianapolis- Greenwood area. I do not have a shop, I do cakes out of my home. Thank you for the help

lisawh Posted 28 May 2014 , 2:47am

Hello

I live in San Diego and was curious if anyone knows where I can buy bulk hi-ratio shortening...I currently pay $11.00 for 3 lbs of sweeter.....I use a lot because I am in a class...I thought it would be a lot cheaper to buy it in bulk. I do like the taste a lot better than using Crisco...

I have looked on-line seems to me shipping is a lot....would be great if there was somewhere local to pick it up

Thank you in advance

Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%