Will Smbc Hold Up On 80 Degree Weather?

Decorating By tana Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm by tana

tana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tana Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:12am
post #1 of 11

The Well Dressed Cake Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Thats the recipe i'm planning to use.. WIll it hold up?

10 replies
linsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linsa Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:25am
post #2 of 11

whoa! Good luck! Is it actually going to be outside? I am making reg. butter cream with cream and butter but I'm going to cut back the liquid. It will hold but not too long! I would have it refrigerated until the very last minute!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:38am
post #3 of 11

No I would not expect mine to hold up in 80 degree temperature.

tana Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 11

OMG!!!!!! Please recommend something else to use , something please......., thats very tasty...

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 11

Not if it is outside. I use SMBC regardless if it is 100 degrees outside or 10. But, they know if the venue is outdoors in hot weather, no cake from me. Hasn't been a problem yet. Last week has been in the 100 degrees plus range. No worries here, a/c running (like it would be anyways), air conditioner in car, and cake is kept chilled until about an hour before delivery. Haven't had a problem ever with this.

And who the heck wants cake sitting outside in sweaty weather anyways? Gah!

tana Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 11

Yeah I know... It's for a babyshower in the park..... And I do not know what other recipe I can use.... Any Help??

__Jamie__ Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 11

Well....I think maybe Indydebi's? Haven't made it before, but everyone raves about it. Should I ever need an icing that stands up, it will probably be what I try. I started out making the Wilton recipe, and it worked for me until I discovered SMBC. I'd really rather say "no cake" than use a BC like that again, but I know it'll happen one of these days.

__Jamie__ Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:53pm
post #8 of 11

Provided there is no humidity that day......80 degrees in the shade ain't that hot. Not hot at all really,coming from what I experience in the summertime. What really matters now is the humidity level. I'd be confident in saying if you delivered that cake straight out of the fridge, straight into cold car, and straight to park, and they got going on it within 30 minutes or so...I bet you'd be fine. Would be pretty firm in the middle, but I think that is a fine line to toe....not sure if I'd do it or not.

tana Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 6:27pm
post #9 of 11

QWell...... I am going to tr my luck on Indydebi's crisco based buttercream. Lets see how it goes.......

__Jamie__ Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 6:33pm
post #10 of 11

Good luck!

tana Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm
post #11 of 11

Ok..... So I'm done with the cake. And I think it went well. There going to pick it up like in 20 minutes. I think I killed it when I put the 2 floweres on the right hand side. But oh well. It's a gift.. lol.... Please feel free to stop by an look at it.

Thanks to eveyone for there help and advise. thumbs_up.gificon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%