Needing Big Help To Fix A Cheesecake

Decorating By mrswendel Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 7:48pm by nesweetcake

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:35am
post #1 of 7

Okay,

So, I have decided that I really need to just stick with regular cakes! icon_mad.gif

I have done cheesecakes before, but really not my thing. I did a cheesecake today that is for tomorrow. The cheesecake is delicious (I cut off the brown outside edge and YUM!!) Anyway, the graham cracker crust is really hard, almost crunchy...my guess is it is a little over done. Is there any way I can fix it? Any suggestions?

6 replies
mrswendel Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:17am
post #2 of 7

No cheesecake gurus out there with some wonderful "fix it" advice? icon_smile.gif Wishful thinking maybe?

linsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linsa Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:23am
post #3 of 7

I think you're just going to have to keep it the way it is. You could sit it really quick in hot water but that will just make it pretty soggy. I kind of like it when it's hard! but if you let it sit overnight it might soften up from absorbing the extra moisture. Good luck!

AuntieE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieE Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:26am
post #4 of 7

I'm not a guru, but I do make a lot of cheesecakes. It may not be as bad as you think. The crust will be somewhat crispy as you have baked it. I don't know how you can fix it, but I can tell you that practice makes (almost) perfect. Did you use a waterbath? I've even almost burned the graham cracker crust and then had people tell me how tasty it is, so don't worry about it. It's probably not as bad as you think.

mrswendel Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:01am
post #5 of 7

Thanks ladies. It tastes good to me too....but I like a little crunch to add some interest to the texture. We'll see how it is in the morning.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:27am
post #6 of 7

I've made hundreds of cheesecakes in my life and I've had experience with that problem. It's either you put too much butter or overbaked the crust.

I don't think there is anything you can do right now. A little crunch will give the cheesecake some pizzazle dazzle and thats always a great new idea.

Hopefully everyone loves it =]

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 7

I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but seems a couple of you are seasoned cheesecakers! First regarding the crust, is it possible to cut off the edge and then press freshly toasted graham cracker crumbs along the sides. I saw Alton Brown do this on TV. Also, I'm needing advice on cheesecake made in an 11x15 removable bottom pan. Any good recipes, advice, baking time, water bath or not? My first attempt was a flop. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%