Hubby Meant Well For My Bd

Baking By luv_to_decorate Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 2:43pm by cakeymom

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:28am
post #1 of 3

Last Sunday was my birthday. I had already planned my birthday cake. I was going to make a fudge marble cake with a doulbe chocolate chip cookie in the middle and with chocolate buttercream.

Hubby wouldn't hear of my making my own. I don't know why, I made my own last year and my own Mother's Day cake too. He said dil was going to make it. I love my dil and she is very good at making cakes but gets too stressed out from it. I was pretty sure she wouldn't make it but I didn't make my own since he said she was doing it.

Well, come Sunday dil didn't make me a cake. Instead dh buys me a cake from wait for it.....Kroger deli. Nasty!!!! I was very upset. I know he meant well but I had much rather had my own cake. Even the grandkids didn't eat but a bite or two of it. From now on I will make my own and not say a word to hubby beforehand.

2 replies
jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:35am
post #2 of 3

I'm so sorry for you, I think you should explain to your husband that it's not a chore to make your own cake and that it makes you happy to do it. icon_biggrin.gif

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 3

I do my cake all the time. I make a delicious Italian Cream Cheese cake. About three years ago he ordered one from a local bakery, and there's is ok but mine is better, and I canceled the order and made my b'day cake and have done so ever since.

He meant well, but I like good cake. SO, he knows that now he can spend that extra 40 or so bucks on me!!! A win-win all the way around.

cakeymom

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%