Best Place To Order Supplies?

Decorating By whitet4 Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 2:22am by auntmamie

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
9 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 10

There is always Into The Oven, Countrykitchensa, or if your ordering Satin Ice, you can order it in bulk directly from Satin Ice. I love dealing with Global only because they have NEVER screwed up any of my orders in the four years Ive been dealing with him, they offer a 10% off on their Satin Ice, and any time Ive asked him to try to get something in, he's always stocked it for me. Not to mention their staff is so nice and they know what customer service means!

whitet4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitet4 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 10

What about the best place to buy those sugar diamonds? I don't need 250 of them and that's all www.****************** has. Thanks!!

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 10

Pfeil and holing

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:40am
post #5 of 10

Yah, I forget about them! They do have some stuff there too. There is also another place that sells them but their the size of a dime. Fancy something....I cant remember the name at the moment. Having a brain fart! I used to have it bookmarked on my other laptop but all that went away with a glass of water and a 4 year old!!

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:47am
post #6 of 10

Are you talking about FancyFlour?

dahir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dahir Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:47am
post #7 of 10

Fancyflours maybe? I think that's the name your looking for. they do have some cute stuff.
Tracy

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:52am
post #8 of 10

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I have a question along this same line:

When it comes to ordering supplies, do you favor a company with great customer service (like GSA) knowing that their prices are a little higher vs a so-so company with terrible customer service and lower prices?

I had a terrible experience with OasisSupply on the Friday before Memorial Day and they were so rude that it was beyond belief, and the rep I was talking to didn't know what CakeCentral was (or so she said). Their prices were much lower, but I'm not sure that I can bring myself to order from them again, even though they are cheaper on the SPS.

What's your opinion?

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:00am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptanyer

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I have a question along this same line:

When it comes to ordering supplies, do you favor a company with great customer service (like ) knowing that their prices are a little higher vs a so-so company with terrible customer service and lower prices?

I had a terrible experience with OasisSupply on the Friday before Memorial Day and they were so rude that it was beyond belief, and the rep I was talking to didn't know what CakeCentral was (or so she said). Their prices were much lower, but I'm not sure that I can bring myself to order from them again, even though they are cheaper on the SPS.

What's your opinion?

GSA and Country Kitchen SweetArt are my two favs in this area. Country Kitchen Sweet Art ships lightening fast! Good selection, but not quite as much as GSA...

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:22am
post #10 of 10

I placed an order at countrykitchensa on Thursday during my lunch break. Normally, I get an email almost immediately confirming. This time, I didn't. I called today during my lunch (granted, it was 12:45 est, and I was on hold for about 5 minutes, but they were able to pull my order immediately, tell me that one item would possibly hold the order, and then sent the order info to UPS within an hour. To me, that is great customer service. And, even with shipping, the prices are cheaper than G S A, which is an hour from me. But, I do love GSA - they have a great selection of specialty tools - the basic stuff (boxes, boards, piping bags) I get at CKsa.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%