Cupcake Displays And Pricing Question, Please Help!

Baking By Cakeonista Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 3:02pm by Cakeonista

Cakeonista Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 6

Hi to all my fellow cc'ers, I'm hoping someone or a few of you can answer these questions for me. I received a great offer to make an 8 inch cake and 75 cupcakes for girl's quinceneria ( not sure if I wrote that correctly) and I really have never made cupcakes before to sell to anyone. Her theme is disco and colors are silver and pink. Could use a few suggestions on help with this theme if anyone can, I was going to try and get silver or light grey cupcake liners and make pink frosting on the cupcakes, and try and match the 8 inch cake with something disco-ey in the same colors. I am going to charge $3.00 a cupcake and $75.00 for the 8 inch which BTW will be decorated in fondant. What do you think about these prices? Lastly I don't own a cupcake stand or tree, is it my responsibility as the baker or cake provider to provide this for the party and if so where can I get one or what else can I use that would look cute. So sorry so long but I'm stumped on this and need to confirm with her.

5 replies
bebea Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 6

i think the prices are fine. check w/ the client about the stands, though, to be sure there is no confusion. wilton's silver stands would go great w/ this theme!

Cakeonista Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:58am
post #3 of 6

Thanks so much for responding bebea, I needed to hear at least from one person to know if I was heading in the right direction.

brincess_b Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:25am
post #4 of 6

thats going to be quite a stand for that many cupcakes. if you look on the cake journal blog, there are instuctions about making them, im sure theres some one here too. probably cheaper than buying?

you may be able to rent them from any near by cake shops too.

at any rate, if you provide them, include a hefty deposit, incase you dont get it back or its damaged. you might want to add an extra charge simply to cover the cost of your investment, especially if your not planning to use it often/ again.

if she provides the stand, then get an agreement about getting told which stand it is, or a picture with dimensions - and that if the cupcakes dont all fit due to her mis-information, you cant be held accountable.

cylstrial Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 6

I think the pricing sounds reasonable too. And lots of people do make their own and they look great. I think has some good ones too. (If I remember correctly).

Cakeonista Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:02pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much ladies, I will be looking into all the things you mentioned. Will let you know of the outcome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%