Twilight Cake Ideas.....

Decorating By Rhonda19 Updated 8 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm by chefbarbie0513

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 15

Hi Everyone!

I want to make my daughter whose BD is June 13, a Twilight Cake. I have NO ideas on what to do....

Would anyone have pictures, ideas, etc.... that I could copy?.. If you don't mind??

Thanks.... I need all the help I can get!
Rhonda

14 replies
Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 15

I have an I love Edward shirt in my photos. Of course I made it for a 34 year old. LOL!

chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 15

I did the book for my niece last weekend. She LOVED it. she is 13. It was a hugh hit. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
LL
LL

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 15

Awesome job & cake!!!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 15

that is an awesome book cake, especially love the 3d apple.

when i was looking for my daughers cake which i never wound up making, i found lots of posters online and i took one of them, where the whole cast is in it, edward and the girl in the middle, i don't know her name, she has her back to him and he has his arms around her. i took a pic of my daughter and sized it to fit perfectly, so i puther face on the girl's body, it looked just like he was really hugging my daughter =) she darn near died that i would do something like that so she decided she wanted a different kind of cake...

all of that was said because i was going to use that pic as an edible image on the cake.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 15

What if you made a huge apple on a large b & w chessboard. Then put a fondat Queen chesspiece, a red fondant ribbon, and a white fondant feather with the tip of it dipped in red candy melt? That would be cute.

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:18pm
post #7 of 15

i am doing one next month - going to use the open book pan and make a scrapbook, like bella has in the first book. going to use images from the movie and maybe a quote.

Misdawn Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 15

I like that idea too!

claire_bear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claire_bear Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 8:49pm
post #9 of 15

Hi guys I'm new here and have spent the past 2 hours admiring all the amazing cakes on here.

I've recently done a Twilight cake, I'm not very good at piping so the Twilight isn't in the correct font icon_redface.gif

Misdawn Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 8:51pm
post #10 of 15

Welcome to CC! That's a fantastic cake! I love that you did all the images yourself.

claire_bear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claire_bear Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 8:57pm
post #11 of 15

Thanks very much! I'm still quite new to cake decorating and have been trying to teach myself from books. A lot of trial and error!!

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:28pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalina1977

that is an awesome book cake, especially love the 3d apple.

when i was looking for my daughers cake which i never wound up making, i found lots of posters online and i took one of them, where the whole cast is in it, edward and the girl in the middle, i don't know her name, she has her back to him and he has his arms around her. i took a pic of my daughter and sized it to fit perfectly, so i puther face on the girl's body, it looked just like he was really hugging my daughter =) she darn near died that i would do something like that so she decided she wanted a different kind of cake...

all of that was said because i was going to use that pic as an edible image on the cake.

I have a 34 year old friend who would love it if you did that for her. I tell her she's a dirty old lady. icon_biggrin.gif

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 4:53am
post #13 of 15

All I can say is .... WOW!!! Thanks so much !!! I appreciate all the ideas!

I guess I should have said, that my daughter will be 21.... and I do have questions....being I am a newbie here..

" Chefbarbie0513"... Could you give me a tutorial on how you made the cake? I think my daughter would love it....but I am very unsure how to do it.

I finally watched the movie and was looking at every scene wondering if I could make it on a cake! (LOL) My daughter's friend gave me an idea of Edward and Bella laying on the ground in a meadow. That sounds easy enough...except for making Edward and Bella! (LOL)

Thanks again everyone!
Rhonda

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:05pm
post #14 of 15

amazing cakes! They're perfect! Chef Barbie... how did you do the apple? It's amazing thumbs_up.gif

mel mc.

chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks for all the wonderful comments.

The apple is the left over cake, from carving, and some chocolate ganish rolled into a ball. Then covered in fondant. I used a ball tool to make the intend on the top. and added a stick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%