3 Occasions, 1 Cake Or Cupcakes? I Need Some Ideas.

Decorating By marag Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 4:46pm by KirschSalvator

marag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marag Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 4

A friend has asked me if I could make her either a cake/cakes or cupcakes to celebrate 3 occasions in her family... a wedding anniversary, a male graduation with a finance degree, and an adult male birthday. She also said she only needs for it to serve 12-15 people.

I like the idea of each of the occasions having their separate cake (but that might just be me). My friend is open. I thought about doing a cupcake bouqet for the couple (7 cupcakes), and then a small candy barrel cake (about 6 servings) for the graduate in his school colors, but then I don't know what I should do for the birthday guy. It seems silly just to make 2 cupcakes for a birthday, or is it?... I need help with ideas! icon_confused.gif

I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say! Thanks!

Mara

3 replies
chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 4

I think 3 seperate little cakes would be better, they'd each have their "own" cake.

marag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marag Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah, I agree about each having their 'own'.

Maybe I just answered my own question, but now I'm thinking the cupcake bouquet for the couple, the candy barrel for the birthday, and then 4 cupcakes for the graduate decorated with finance/grad toppers... maybe a cap, a diploma, a $ sign, and '2009' or something like that.

KirschSalvator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KirschSalvator Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 4

I like your original idea, it seems really fun. icon_smile.gif What you might be able to do is make to small cakes that look like cupcakes (ether shaped or use icing of some sort to create the effect) and decorate it with whatever and a few candies to tie everything together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%