Kopykake Airbrush Or Airbrush Depot - Which Is Better

Decorating By katherinem Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 4:27pm by jillangel

katherinem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katherinem Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 6

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAKE-DECORATING-AIRBRUSH-KIT-12-0-7-Colors-Compressor_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a1Q7c66Q3a4Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a200QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2c4f82f3a4QQitemZ190312543140QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

above is the link to an auction i found on ebay and the comments seem that people are happy with it but I also know a lot of people use the ... i believe its a small red kopykake airbrush machine that i've seen - I know it's about $100 or so more than the one above but I'd rather buy the one that will work well and not break down then spend money and have one that doesn't work very well and ends up breaking down.

If anyone can give me their input my looking at that "Airbrush Depot" mahcine vs the kopykake it would be appreciated.
thank you

5 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 6

I love my kopykake, no problems with it for about 3 yrs.

katherinem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katherinem Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 6

Which one did you purchase?

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 6

All I've ever used is the Kopycake airbrush, small model...I paid about 200.00 for it about 5 years ago. Still going strong. I learned of it when I worked at a bakery in the past and we turned out thousands of airbrushed cakes with that little thing. Never broke down the 4 years I was there. That's why I bought that model. Also that it's easy to use, clean and store. I am curious about this one that you have a link to tho. I will be watching this post. HTH.

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 6

AB017 Kroma Jet is my KopyKake model

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 6

I'm one that posted I love my ebay deal. I already have a badger compressor and badger airbrush guns etc. I use this for more than cakes. I am a cosmetologist. I airbrush nails/tanning etc. So for me personally I would never have bought the kopykake one because my other compressor/airbrush items worked just fine for cakes also. But the ebay stuff is a great deal for a bundle of cake items and now I always have back up stuff in case anything did start kirking out on me. If you don't need it for other reasons I'm sure the kopykake one does fine -just for me I liked the products included for the price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%