Bc Roses

Decorating By ninatat Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 12:48pm by ninatat

ninatat  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all, i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong, i even practiced before i started the class from u-tube, in class she made them alot smaller than i see on cakes, i took in my bc so she could tweek it for me for thick but it was so thick i could hardly squeeze it out of the bag, i know the jist of it, and i'm finally getting the middle close to right, but the roses come out with a ruffle on them at times, but it looks kind of pretty. or the frosting breaks off while going around the flower, i can't get the real seperated pedals i see on the sites, any suggestions, i think i've made about 100. Thanks all

6 replies
 renee2007  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 7
 Misdawn  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 7

Did you add Piping gel to your buttercream? This will help keep the buttercream from "tearing" or breaking off at the ends of the petals.

ninatat Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:52am
post #4 of 7

ok thanks so much i'll try some more tonight

Lori17201  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori17201 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:52am
post #5 of 7

Make sure it's not to cold also. Take your time as you go around. If you try to rush you'll get tears in the petals.

goddessa12  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goddessa12 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:24am
post #6 of 7

the big mistake i was making in the beginning was filling my piping bag too full, once i had less icing in there, even when it was super thick i can still squeeze it out.

ninatat Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 7

ok thank you i've been practicing this morning

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%