Help! Should I Make More?

Decorating By linsa Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 4:13pm by linsa

linsa Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 6

Ok so the Bride just said there are aprox. 187 that have rsvp'd of 250. Right now I have 3 -12" cakes 1- 10" and 1-8" which put me according to Wilton at 230...should I make another 8" just to make sure I have plenty since I heard that Wilton is small servings?

5 replies
PinkZiab Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 6

How many servings are they paying you for?

ninatat Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 6

i've heard where people use a fake cake and buy sheet cakes and have it cut in the kitchen, i'd just make a cake with flowers on top and if you're short they could us that. is it a stacked cake?

meldancer Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 6

Are the cakes you have 2-layer, torted and filled, or just one layer? If the are two layer, you should have enough and the serving sizes are just right, If it isn't, then you don't have enough.

krissycupcakes Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 6

me and my mother were talking about all this for like 3 days. the wilton cake slices are the size of a reg small box of staples according to my mother. there are other size and cutting chartsif you look them up cause i like cake !!!! but my mother told a customer that if you want this size slice it looks like this or i could make you this size slice and then gave her pricing for both and the bride chose the bigger slice cause really everybody likes cake!!!!

linsa Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 6

It's a stacked 2 layer torted and filled...

Quote by @%username% on %date%