Just Wanted To Share

Decorating By BeeBoos-8599_ Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 12:38pm by Rylan

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:24am
post #1 of 7

Hi, I just wanted to share the cake i just finished. It is only the 2nd wedding cake I have done. I normally shy away from them becasue they can bring to much stress. This bride was very easy going so I took it on. I used the upside down icing method for the first time and although it meant being in and out of the fridge alot, I like the crisp edges I got from it. The bride brought me a basic topper with ugly white shiney roses on it and she allowed me to remake it with the red. I like it much better now. I just wish that I could make buttercream really white rather than ivory. Thanks for looking!

6 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:26am
post #2 of 7

Dang it! lets try again. Well, i guess it dont have it sized correctly. It is the first cake in my photos. White 2 tier with red roses.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:29am
post #3 of 7

your cake is very pretty. i've always wanted to try that method...glad it worked for you! icon_wink.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:35am
post #4 of 7

Good job! I think it's very pretty. thumbs_up.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:36am
post #5 of 7

I am SO intrigued -- what in the world is the "upside-down method?"

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 12:00pm
post #6 of 7

JGMB,
If you check under articles it is in the 2nd block of titles. Basically you use a sheet of parchment and smear icing on it then after chilling it you lay your cake top down on it and then ice it, torte it, chill it then flip it over and after more chilling you peal the paper off and the top should be smooth and flat. My issue was not oly that I had to have it in and out of the fridge but the parchment got humid and rippled a bit so it left a ripple on the top of the cake so I still had to do some smoothing but I still got a better result then doing it the "normal" way. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 12:38pm
post #7 of 7

The edges are really sharp. Great job on that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%