Should I Start Tonight Or Wait Until Tomorrow To Bake?

Decorating By linsa Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 4:15am by linsa

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:18am
post #31 of 55

I would imagine she's at the wedding now. icon_smile.gif I hope everything went smoothly for ya!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:05pm
post #32 of 55

Post sugar coma...? I do hope she is Ok. She took on A LOT!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 2:44pm
post #33 of 55

Lol!

Shannon1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannon1129 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:03pm
post #34 of 55

Still no pic?? Sigh. I am excited to see it.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:11pm
post #35 of 55

I'd love to see this too!

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:15pm
post #36 of 55

Anxiously awaiting....

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:16pm
post #37 of 55

Such drama!! By now she should have let us know she got thru it and not leave us hanging. Maybe we should flood her pm box icon_smile.gif

sweetiesbykim Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:24pm
post #38 of 55

I just looked up her profile forum questions -she was having a heck of a time with the BC smoothing. I hope she got it figured out.

lmpreis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmpreis Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 5:42pm
post #39 of 55

Advice needed as well.

I started making my cakes Saturday and then I froze them. I will pull them out Wednesday (evening after I get off work) and give them a crumb coating. Then Thursday and Friday spend my time decorating them. Groom's cake is a poker table with poker chips (these are done) & cards. Then the other cake is a several tiered cakes. I plan to setup on Saturday about noon.

Now should I start decorating them sooner? If you do decorate them sooner, am I suppose to refrigerate them or can I let them sit on the counter (just buttercream frosting..no filling).

sweetiesbykim Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #40 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpreis

Advice needed as well.

I started making my cakes Saturday and then I froze them. I will pull them out Wednesday (evening after I get off work) and give them a crumb coating. Then Thursday and Friday spend my time decorating them. Groom's cake is a poker table with poker chips (these are done) & cards. Then the other cake is a several tiered cakes. I plan to setup on Saturday about noon.

Now should I start decorating them sooner? If you do decorate them sooner, am I suppose to refrigerate them or can I let them sit on the counter (just buttercream frosting..no filling).

I plan on having my cake ready to deliver and walk out the door on Friday night for a noon delivery. I sleep better, and it gives extra time if I have last minute "issues". I'd say that's a good schedule, you know how fast you work. Things always take longer than planned for me, especially when I'm in the "decorating zone"! Are you using fondant?

linsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linsa Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:55pm
post #41 of 55

AHHH sorry to keep you all waiting! I didn't know so many cared! I did finish! I wanted to have it delivered by 3:30 but I delivered at 4! Not too bad! I just had to take the worlds fasted shower! My husband drove me and the cake! I had the cake on my lap which I couldn't believe how heavy it was! I want to thank all of you that cared and answered my questions! I couldn't have done it w/o ya!

Nothing went wrong! I was sooo lucky! The only thing that gave me trouble was the freakin' buttercream smoothing out. After I covered it with ribbon you totally couldn't tell. There was only one thing I was a little annoyed with and that was a dark spot where I didn't have enough bc. Oh well! I seriuously wanted to sleep for days afterwards!

It was kind of weird being a guest too because everyone was talking up the cake and they were all like "WHAT you made it?!?!? I can't wait to try it!" I kinda lingered around the cake too to see what people thought without letting them know I made it. Everyone said it was amazing and several people said it was the best wedding cake they had ever had! The manager said to me " just so you know, I cut cakes every week and this cake cut the best!" I was so flattered because there is the perfect slice of cake on martha stewarts website and I always would wish I could get my cakes to look like that and this one totally did!

I was pretty proud of myself! I will get pix up as soon as I upload them!! Check back soon!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 11:51pm
post #42 of 55

now I really can't wait to see the pics!

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:12am
post #43 of 55

Add me to the list of people waiting anxiously for a pic! I'm glad that it worked out for you

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 2:19am
post #44 of 55

So glad it went well. Can't wait to see pics icon_smile.gif

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 4:38am
post #45 of 55

Still no picture?!!

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 5:05am
post #46 of 55

I was so nervous for you linsa as I read the post. Glad to hear it all went well

linsa Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 4:58pm
post #47 of 55

GRRRRRR I've tried to post this dag on picture so many times but it says it's too big...anyone know how I can make it smaller?

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 5:07pm
post #48 of 55
linsa Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:15pm
post #49 of 55

let's see if this works!
LL

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm
post #50 of 55

Wow... great job!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif It's a beautiful cake

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:40pm
post #51 of 55

Yay!! We finally get to see it!! And I'm not disappointed, it looks fabulous! Great job!

sweetiesbykim Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 7:48pm
post #52 of 55

WOW!! Perfectly doneicon_smile.gif What a great accomplishment!

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:38pm
post #53 of 55

Great job! Your buttercream is so smooth!

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:14pm
post #54 of 55

Wow linsa!!!! Great job!!!Beautiful cake!!!! I just read thru the forum and I'm not disappointed at all.Welldone thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif .

linsa Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 4:15am
post #55 of 55

Thanks guys! It really means a lot and it makes me want to do it again! I still haven't given them the bill yet (just ingredients! but still!) I hope that's not too bad...I know them! Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%