Decorating By joviolette Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 10:38am by Cathy26

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:42pm
post #31 of 36

love your cakes, are you butterflies fondant then piped

joviolette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joviolette Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 6:00pm
post #32 of 36

butterflies are royal icing. piped then filled with thinned, colored royal icing. dried overnight wings propped up and bodies piped.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:03pm
post #33 of 36

hahahahahahahahahaha that's me laughing hilariously at the $20 offer...and now it's me laughing hilariously at the "hope it's human" post!

if one of my kids bought me all that exercise equipment they would be limping and drooling for a week.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:08pm
post #34 of 36

It's worth WAY more than $20! Unbelievable. You should have told her "If Wal-Mart did what I do, they'd charge a H-E-double hockeysticks lot more than that!"

webbiedeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webbiedeb Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:47pm
post #35 of 36

Great cake. $60.00 is not enough. That barely covers the cost of the supplies.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 10:38am
post #36 of 36

this happened to me yesterday with the two tier disco ball cake. it was a for friends mother and her mum asked me to do her cake so i said yes thinking that obviously having seen the website etc she was placing a proper order - i never even see her mum or anything, its not like we're close!! so i get this gift token in the post for £30 sterling "to cover my ingredients" and im so cross - how can i put a gift token through my books and into the Bank?? to make things worse, i mentioned this casually to my friend that her mum had given me the token thinking that when she picked up the cake my friend would ask me how much else she owed me.....picked the cake up yesteday and never offered a penny!!

6 hours work, about £20 work of ingredients - so i did that cake for about £10 - never mix business with friends icon_sad.gif

ps your cake is amazing - that is total cheek offering you 20 for all those hours of work icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%