How Do I Decorate These Little Kids?

Decorating By cookieswithdots Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 2:38pm by weirkd

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 6

I'm working on some gumpaste things for a cake due the end of this month. I've made 18 little people using the small gingerbread cutter. They will be lined up side by side, going around a 12" round cake so they look like they are holding hands. My question is, how should I decorate them to look like little girls and boys? I want it to be very simple since this is such a big cake and has a lot on it?

Melissa

5 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 6

I would suggest royal icing: pink dresses on the girls and blue overalls on the boys.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:13am
post #3 of 6

I would use gumpaste for the decorations. Bows, different face expressions and so on...

Good luck.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 6

Pink bows in the hair or top of head, gumpaste flowers like something small. Bows you can do blue bow ties around the neck, or even ties. But which ever you decide, cant wait to see the pic! (oh, they have a ton of confetti type sprinkles out there that you could put color flowed icing on and sprinkle with the sprinkles to give different effects, for like a dress or something!)

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:42am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for your suggestions. I worked on the "boys" today and got their pants done. Let me fill you guys in on my cake:

This is for my best friend of nearly 30 yrs. They are having a surprise party for her and asked me to do her cake. They wanted me to incorporate all the things she loves in life. So this is what I'm doing:

1) Top - Minnie Mouse Hat, made sanding sugar gumpaste ears, and red polka dot bow. (Using the Wilton sports mold).

2) Aliens - she loves space stuff, working on the ailens.

3) Reno - made a killer gumpaste shoe, dice, poker chips.

4) The kids will circle the bottom cake, looking like they are holding hands. Her career has focued on placing special needs kids in daycare.

Base - garden things, flowers, ladybugs and I'm working on a little something she will know that represents our friendship.

Now you know why I wanted it simple. I don't want to overdue this cake and have so much, it's sickening.

Melissa

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 6

Awe! Sounds like its going to be a cute cake! Cant wait to see it finished!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%