My Son Is Opening A Bakery Too!

Business By littlecake Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 11:57am by chassidyg

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 7

he and his wife came in to do a "cake camp" last week with me....they might be closing down the place he works, so they decided to take the plunge.

they originally thought he would bake and she would decorate, but come to find out he has a natural ability at decorating....he was doing buttercream roses and writing the first day!,,,picked up the basketweave really fast too....i was floored!

so it now looks like he'll be the decorator and she'll bake.

they are starting out slow, he built a building on his property for something else....it'll be perfect for the bakery now....he's outside the city limits, so there will be less regulations......

he's a couple states away....i'm thinking of packing up the girls (my pugs) and going over to help them launch it in a few months.

ya'll send your prayers and good wishes for him, he was in an accident a while back and nearly lost his life, he was in the hospital for months....caking seems to make him happy, he deserves some happiness after all he's been thru.

6 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:53pm
post #2 of 7

Good Luck and God Bless your son and DIL! May they be wildly successful thumbs_up.gif

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 7

How exciting! I want to send a warm Congratulations to your son and DIL.
Your son must have taken after you in baking and decorating. icon_lol.gif

-Debbie B.

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:31am
post #4 of 7

Congratulations to your son and DIL, littlecake!
May he be as successful as you in the cake business!

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 11:44am
post #5 of 7

Congratulations to your son. I am glad he found his passion! I wish him the best. icon_smile.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 11:53am
post #6 of 7

First, sorry to here about your son's accident, but thank God he recovered. I wish him the best of luck. I'm sure everything will work out great for him! icon_biggrin.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 11:57am
post #7 of 7

I'm glad he's doing well! Congrats to your son & daughter in law!! How exciting for all of you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%