I Hate Full Sheets

Decorating By sweetkisscakes Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 11:56am by beachcakes

sweetkisscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkisscakes Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 10

after much urging to go for a beautifully tall cake, my cousin decided on a full sheet cake for her graduation party gr.

She is graduating from high school and going to college to be an x-ray tech. I'm not sure how to go about this with out it looking too walmart like.

I feel like sheet cakes are just so boring. oh and it has to marble cake with a not too sweet frosting so that limits things a bit more.

Any ideas are much appreciated my mind isn't really working on this one.

plus this is my last family cake before I go to pastry school so I want to WOW!!! people.

9 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:22am
post #2 of 10

Here is an example of single layered 4 sided cake that looks awesome.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=31698

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 10:39am
post #3 of 10

I know how you feel. Everyone aaround here just wants sheet cakes, sheet cakes, sheet cakes. They know what I can do, but pick an uninteresting sheet cake anyway.

*Sigh*

I need to start saying "I no makie sheet cakes," like _Jamie_ icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 11:51am
post #4 of 10

It's a big blank canvas that challenges the creative juices flowing thru you! Cant' understand why people find them boring, yet at the same time beg for a "challenging" cake. When you can take a "boring" sheet cake and make it awesome, then you are a master of your craft! thumbs_up.gif

Alioop12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alioop12345 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 10

how about making the sheet cake into an X-Ray? You could use black buttercream and then use white fondant to add the "bones" . Just make sure you add a L or R for left or right. You could do and arm, leg, whatever you want. I am pretty sure you could look up Xrays of wahtever body part you want so you can see how to make the bones. You could also add her name as the patient in one of the corners?

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:06am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioop12345

how about making the sheet cake into an X-Ray? You could use black buttercream and then use white fondant to add the "bones" . Just make sure you add a L or R for left or right. You could do and arm, leg, whatever you want. I am pretty sure you could look up Xrays of wahtever body part you want so you can see how to make the bones. You could also add her name as the patient in one of the corners?

This is such a great idea!! What if it was a full body scan with the skeleton holding a congratulations sign...

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:09am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrelmiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioop12345

This is such a great idea!! What if it was a full body scan with the skeleton holding a congratulations sign...

Fantastic idea!!!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:10am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

It's a big blank canvas that challenges the creative juices flowing thru you! Cant' understand why people find them boring, yet at the same time beg for a "challenging" cake. When you can take a "boring" sheet cake and make it awesome, then you are a master of your craft! thumbs_up.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself thumbs_up.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 4:12am
post #9 of 10

I agree with indydebi.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 11:56am
post #10 of 10

My first thought was xray also! You could even make a fracture!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%