Buying Square Pans Question

Decorating By googies Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm by googies

googies Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 4

so i'm trying to buy some square pans and the Fat Daddio's say

1/2" flanged...

my question is does this mean it is flared? i have a store bought square pan with a flare. I dont want a flare as it doesnt make a perfect layered square cake.

i guess i'm trying to find out what "flanged" means.

thank you!

3 replies
CakesbyLee Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 4

I used to wonder the same thing, so I called the company. The flange is that lip/handle that goes all around the pan. It measures 1/2" and is on all 4 sides! HTH!

Hollysuann Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 4

Someone just recently posted a picture of the pans....can't remember which thread it was in. It doesn't mean flared. Here is a pic I found.


googies Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 4

oh cool thank you! so its that lip on that picture. ok so i am assuming they are a perfect square. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%