Cake Camp 2009 Las Vegas

Decorating By DreamInCake11 Updated 13 Jun 2009 , 5:21pm by Rylan

DreamInCake11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamInCake11 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 10

Hi all,

I know there was a post about cake camp a couple of days ago, but I cannot find it using the search engine on this site. Is it just me or is this site's search the worst??? errrrrrrr... Anyway,

I want to take a few classes at this year's Cake Camp in Las Vegas. many of the classes state a skill level. "Advanced", "Intermediate", "All", etc...

How do I know if I'm good enough to take the Australian stringwork class that says "Advanced". I'm afraid to pay for it ($110), go and feel like a total moron if this will be way over my head. But, then I was thinking, if I already knew how to do it at an "Advanced" level, why would I take the class?

Any insight you all could offer up would be greatly appreciated.

And if anyone has the link to the other Cake Camp post, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

DreamInCake11

9 replies
DreamInCake11 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 10

Anyone?

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 10

Hi there - I just talked to Linda Bills, President of the California Cake Club and organizer of Cake Camp. Linda says that to take this class you should have some previous string work experience. In other words, if you have never done any string work this will probably be too advanced for you.

Hope that helps. And Have fun at camp - it is great experience.

Nancy Linstead

DreamInCake11 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 10

Thank you so much. I'm glad I asked!

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamInCake11 Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:05am
post #6 of 10

Thank you for the links. Whenever I put cake camp in the search box, nothing comes up.....

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 10

Hey everyone! Ok I just have a couple question for anyone who has gone to cake camp before.
1. Is it worth it to go, if your not super experianced??
2. What classes are the best to take?

My paretns were going to take me to Vegas for my 21st birthday and we were gunna go the first week in september, but my mom said if i want to go to cake camp we can go to vegas the week that it is on.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 10

bump icon_biggrin.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 12 Jun 2009 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 10

SJ169, you need to get onto the website and read about the classes. It will take awhile, but you should be able to figure out what you would benefit from.

I know what I would benefit the most from (gumpaste), so those are the classes I am looking at first.

I have to fly so I need classes that don't have a long list of supplies that I would have to bring.

I need classes that the end result will be something I can get back home on the plane.

If a class is advanced, it is going to say so in the description. If you were looking at 5-6 or even 10-15 classes, people could make recommendations. There are just way too many and every instructor is excellent, so you need to sort through them yourself. It is an amazing opportunity and I would LOVE to find someone who would take me! icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 10

I'm from Las Vegas, lets all have cake fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%