Going To Make First Decorated Cuppies.

Baking By sadsmile Updated 10 Jun 2009 , 3:00pm by sadsmile

sadsmile Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 8

I am excited to decorate cuppies! I have made cupcake loads of times but never really paid any attention to decorating them. I never even bothers to pull out a piping bag for them. So I am going to dive into these next little cuppies which will be my first decorated ones. I am a little excited. I am prowling for piping techniques right now... any great ones for waves or ocean stuff?

I have read Jamie's post about tips for perfection. Great tips!!! You guys rock!

7 replies
sadsmile Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 8

Forgot to say they will be for my son's 5th grade class end of the year party next week.

cylstrial Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 8

Whoo hoo, sounds like fun! You're crossing over. =o) You could do a shark cupcake. I saw a picture of one somewhere not too long ago. It was cute!

sadsmile Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 8

Ohh the cuppie side...
Yeah the school mascot is a shark and my original idea was shark fin cuppies. BUT my sons 5th grade group is the stingrays. The 6th 7th and 8th grade groups are different sharks. So I'm thinking stingray.

bebea Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:02am
post #5 of 8

i've done ocean blue cuppys once - used the spatula to dab at the icing to get the 'wavy' look. one set was topped w/ pink flamingo picks and one w/ gummy fish.

sadsmile Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:31am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for that tip, I'll have to do that next time. I wanted to try two colors in one piping bag. I spent to much time making the little stingrays and mini caps that I just did a simple swirl of icing. All done and I can't wait for my son to see them in the morning.

andpotts Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 6:17am
post #7 of 8

What the heck! Those are your first decorated cupcakes!! You are an undiscovered talent, I LOVE them, you did such a good job, you are going to be a legend at the school, they are just too cute! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Andrea

sadsmile Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 3:00pm
post #8 of 8

My son said everyone loved them and and saying thank youover and over again. Most kids brought in a bag of chips...LOL So they were very happy to have something different.

Quote by @%username% on %date%