Stellarschild - Converse Shoes Question

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm by sweet_2th_fairy

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 9

Thank you so much for posting the template and directions to your Converse shoes. They are truly adorable. I was wondering how far in advance can I make them? Will they keep for a week or do I need to make them right before displaying them? Also, what is the best way to store them? Thanks!

8 replies
crystalina1977 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 9

if you are talking about the little gumpaste baby shoes you could make them pretty much as far in advance as you want to ... maybe store them in a plastic container like a plastic shoebox or rubbermaid type thing.

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 9

Yes, I'm talking about the gumpaste shoes. I just wasn't sure how long the inside dough (the dough used to mold the shoe) will last and if I should make that at the last minute, but make the rest of the shoe now. Thanks for your input. icon_smile.gif

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 9

Bump

JodieF Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 9

Just an FYI, Jackie prefers that we not "bump".

Now, as to the shoes, what "inside" part are you talking about? I made my baby converse shoes out of MMF. I pieced them all together, gluing with a little water. Once shaped, I stuffed a little balled up paper towel in the toe and a bigger ball to hold the shape of the shoe. Then I just let them dry. Once they were dry I added the laces.

You really don't need to make any parts in advance.

Jodie

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 11:07pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for the feedback regarding the shoes. I was referring to the directions/recipe that Stellarschild posted for the Converse shoes. It's good to know that these can be made by eliminating this step.

As for the "bumping"...sorry. I wasn't aware of that. It was just the quickest way that I knew how to make the thread more "recent." I had seen many others do it so I didn't realize it was an issue. I certainly do not want to continue doing it if we shouldn't. Is there another option for us to try to get more feedback or am I supposed to just let the thread "die." I just don't know how to get more "views" in case my original post gets "lost." Again, I apologize for "bumping," but I'd appreciate it if anyone has a recommendation/solution to this problem. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

katherinem Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:09am
post #7 of 9

Can someone post a link to the converse/baby shoes directions that are on here?

JodieF Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:45am
post #8 of 9

Here is the link to the template:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1163795

Now, when I made them I had to flare the backs of the shoes out a bit at the top so they would meet at the back. I also had to make the long white strip longer. When I did the laces, they were just an illusion. I put the x's on top of the tongue, and then cut out pieces of lace, laid them across the top of the shoe and tucked the ends down in the holes. The the bow and tails were made separately.

As to "bumping", I just mentioned it because "bump" and "save" are too pet peeves of Jackie, and, well, it is her site! You could always post "can anyway else help?" or something like it. I know that it serves essentially the same purpose. I just wanted to pass the info along because Jackie has mentioned it in multiple threads (guess it shows I've been on this site a long time!). Please don't apologize!

Jodie

sweet_2th_fairy Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #9 of 9

Oops! I just realized I misspelled the name of the originator of the Converse shoes. I apologize! This thread was supposed to be addressed to: STELLASTARCHILD icon_redface.gif

Here is the link for the directions & recipe for the Converse shoes (the above link in the PP is for the template only).
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1186693

Also, here is the link that goes with the template and final product:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1163797

Anyway, thanks for the additional tips on constructing the shoes. Lastly, thanks for the input regarding "bumping." I will follow your suggestions. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%