Help! Covering The Spherical Ball Pan?????

Decorating By HannahLass Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 7:49am by HannahLass

HannahLass Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I need help! How on earth do you cover the ball pan, I can cover half of the ball pan as in my boob cake but how do you make it cover the whole thing without ending up with pleats all over the place. I have to make a football tonight and it hadnt even occured to me and then I suddenly thought oh my I dont actually know how to do this? Any ideas? Thankyou

5 replies
cheekymonkey06 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 6

I had the same problem when I did my baseball for the baseball glove... but luckily it was sitting in a glove so you couldn't see those "ugly" parts. Since you're doing a football... and football's have seams... why don't you just cut pieces and line them up where the seams would be naturally?

HannahLass Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks cheekymonkey, I think that really is probably the best way for me to go. I just see me trying to cover it taking forever and getting me stressed. I bought a hexagon cutter I think I couldcut them out in black and white and lay them in the pattern directly on the buttercream layer underneath instead of trying to cover the whole thing with fondant then patterning on top. so long as I dont let the buttercream crust I think it should work. Thanks :OD icon_lol.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 6

Glad you had an answer for the football but I would still like to know how to cover the round ball. Anyone??

Stephi1 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 6

She is from the UK and a football is actually a soccer ball. LOL!

HannahLass Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 7:49am
post #6 of 6

Haha I never even thought about that and it stil made sense to me. Yes I do believe I am a lost cause. I ended up covering it in one go which worked suprisingly well and was done in about a min without any swearing or frustration. I tend to sit and mutter away like muttley from wacky races when Im caking. When I went to add the pattern I kinda blew it but I doubt they will notice. Thanks for your help! HanX[/list]

Quote by @%username% on %date%