I Need Help

Decorating By haileysmommy Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 3:50pm by rushing

haileysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
haileysmommy Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 9

i just got a phone call from a couple that will be in new orleans in october for her husbands 50th b-day. he wants something real nice that looks new orleans. what would you do.maybe the superdome something to do with mardi gras, crawfish are crab? i really don't know.
thanks tiffany

8 replies
Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 9

Hi! This would be a neat cake to work on....If I were doing it, I think I would make a small crab boil thing.....Newspaper made of fondant or gumpaste with an ear of corn, the little crabs, a potato or two....What else goes in it? I would put that on the top of the cake, then maybe for borders do the beads they give away at Mardi Gra.....What da ya think? Something like that.....

haileysmommy Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 9

that is a good idea. i should have knew that i'm from here.

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 9

just be careful with the crab thing cause i think its cool but it also sounds kinda baltimore (crab) what about a bolw of gumbo with the lil crawfish sticking out...... i think you should have some mardi gras in it so i love the idea of the bead trim maybe even add one of the facny masks goodluck cant wait to see picks

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 9

I would also write Happy Birthday like this: "Joyeaux Anniversaire!" I have friends in Breaux Bridge and Lafayette and this is how they say Happy Birthday. I did this on my Mardi Gras cake in my photos.

Brownie1954 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 9

Make sure to post a picture once you get it done....Hey, I need some help with something...I hope you don't mind, and I hope I am not breaking any rules doing this....I shipped 6 dozen cookies this week, and the person who got them said 10 were broken, and there were cracks in some others. They tasted them, and said they were yummy....The cookies were baked soft...Should I have baked them to a harder stage (don't know how else to word that) so they would have shipped better? I ask as I see that you do cookies.....

haileysmommy Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 9

i wish i could give you a answer. but i really don't know. i just started with my cookies. but i will try to find a answer for you

Brownie1954 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:35pm
post #8 of 9

Ok! Thank you!

rushing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rushing Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:50pm
post #9 of 9

When I think of New Orleans, I think of trumpets and the like. Maybe have a jazz theme?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%