Cake In Advance

Decorating By sweetkisscakes Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 2:25am by chassidyg

sweetkisscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkisscakes Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 6

I have to make a full sheet graduation cake however I will be out of town until the morning of the party.

Could I bake and freeze the cake a week before?

Also I was thinking about making all of the buttercreme and putting it in a bucket and freezing it as well. Is that necessary?

I'm decorating it with fondant decorations so I was thinking of making those in advance and keeping them in an air tight container.

Is there an easier way to do this or am I on the right track? I don't want to compromise taste or moistness.

5 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:03pm
post #2 of 6

i would definitely bake and freeze a week before, just double wrap it wil saran wrap and then overwrap it with foil...at least that's what i would probably do...

dont know that you need to freeze the BC, i would just keep it in the fridge. it sounds like you are on the right track to me =)

sweetkisscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkisscakes Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 6

butter cream would be ok in the fridge for a week? I am doing half crisco half butter.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 6

i don't see why not...any of the ingredients in buttercream would be fine in the fridge for longer than a week.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:18am
post #5 of 6

I would freeze the cake, making sure it is properly sealed.

As for buttercream, I would just keep it in the fridge. Not sure about your recipe but "I think" it would be fine.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:25am
post #6 of 6

BC will be fine, it can actually sit out for over a week in the pantry. So being in the fridge is no problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%