Kids Cookie Decorating Parties?

Baking By cotabeth Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 3:05am by Bellatheball

cotabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cotabeth Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 3

I'm VERY new to cookie decorating but I must confess, I'm hooked! LOL. I am curious if anyone knows anyone who has done or is doing this currently? I would like to provide set up/clean up for kid's parties (ie b'days) making varied theme cookies (ie princess: crowns/stars). I would provide the cut out cookies, icing & decorations and bring them to the party house. Does anyone think this might be a marketable idea, and if so how much do think a fair price to charge for this would be?

2 replies
steddy1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steddy1974 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:44am
post #2 of 3

I am already doing this through a local store that sells cooking and baking supplies. We charge $20 per child and she provides a cookie cutter they can pick out and take with them. I get $10 per child. I provide the icing, cookies, paint brushes and then some dough for them to roll and make cookies at the class, since she has an oven in the store. I plan on offering classes away from her store and parties and am looking at charging $12-$15 per hour depending on the number of children and length of time of the party. In those situations I will bring all the cookies already baked and all of the icing's made up as well as all of the supplies. I am still working out the details of the parties and classes not at her store.

HTH
Stacey

Quote:
Quote:

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:05am
post #3 of 3

I do this now for my daughter and her friends. Every other month or so we have a tea party (though that's going to have to change because the boys want to come too) and a cookie or cake decorating party. I make the cut out cookies in one or two shapes and have a few bags of each color of icing for them. I usually put out lots of little fancy bowls of sprinkles, jimmies, candy...whatever for them. Each time we try to do a certain design but they are still young enough that they just wind up heaping decorations all over their cookies.

A few things....I cover the floor with a plastic table cloth which makes clean up easy. And I usually have tea, scones, muffins etc for the moms who enjoy a little break.

The girls are always asking to come back over for parties so I'm guessing it could be a hit if you market it right. Maybe fliers in the library, mall, daycares etc?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%