Nicholas Lodge Classes - Roses Or Wedding Flowers???

Decorating By mbt4955 Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 9:04am by Sweet_Guys

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 2

I've about decided to go ahead and register for Cake Camp. I really, really wanted to take Nicholas Lodge's two all day classes - A Day of Gumpaste Roses and Gumpaste Bridal Flowers. Of course I also want to take B. Keith Ryder's Painted Gumpaste Flowers and Collette Peters' Fantasy Flowers Made From Simple Cutters. Can you tell that I like gumpaste? icon_biggrin.gif

Here's the thing - I am flying into Vegas and I will have to carry-on my finished flowers so they will all have to fit into a 10-12" cake box. I'm not going to take a chance on putting them in the overhead, so they will need to go underneath the seat in front of me. I know I can't fit everything in one box, so I'm trying to decide which of Nic's classes to take. Has anyone had either one of them?

I'm hopeful that I could take one of the other two classes and fit things in the box with my flowers from Nic's class. If not, I would be really sad ... icon_cry.gif

TIA!

1 reply
Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:04am
post #2 of 2

Although we haven't taken Nicholas Lodge classes yet, we've heard from our local cake club members that Nic is SO fast-paced that your mind is a blur.

Personally, looking at your selection of classes, the bridal flowers would probably be a better introduction for you since it would give you variety to add to your repertoire than just roses. Then you've got Keith's coloring class to add prettiness to all those beautiful bridal flowers you make with Nic!

Paul & Peter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%