Storing Cake?

Decorating By chinacat77 Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 1:40pm by chinacat77

chinacat77 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 4

I am going to be baking and frosting a cake on thursday...is it ok to serve the cake on Saturday? I was told as long as i frost it, it will set and can be stored for 2 days....is this true?? im using the original wasc recipe, but i will be adding oil and extra egg to make it more moist. problem is my day off is on thursday so I just will have more time to do it then. I am new at this so I want to take the whole day to concentrate on it!

if this is ok then how do i store it, once its decorated? do i box it? refrig it? or just store it somewhere cool? its the wilton guitar shaped cake. w/ buttercream dream buttercream icing. i live in Rhode Island and the weather has been fairly cool here for this time of year. I was worried about melting/humidity issues but doesnt look that way right now. thanks for any help!

3 replies
brincess_b Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 4

i would just keep it on the counter, covered. by a cake tin, tin foil, cling film, whatever. it will be fine for a few days.
the fridge is a questionable place for cake - if its sealed by icing then its not so bad, but if its not, it dries out the cake. however, if ur filling/ icing needs refridgeration then it will need to stay in the fridge, just make sure theres no exposed sponge.
xx

diane Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:27am
post #3 of 4

i just finished making a 3 tiered cake today which will be served saturday. it's on my counter and will be fine. i've done this tons of times and the cakes are always fine. i wouldn't go more than 3 days though. icon_wink.gif

chinacat77 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 4

great, i am so relieved... icon_biggrin.gif i was starting to think i was going to have to take an extra day off just to make the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%