Princess Cake

Decorating By katydyd Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 7:53am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

katydyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katydyd Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 12

Hello. I am going to make a princess cake for one of my friends. I was wondering of some ways to decorate it. I want to make it so it has at least two different stories. Also, i was wondering how should i make the towers of the cake. I want them be edible. I want everything to be edible.
Thanks.

11 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 12

I don't know how simple or elaborate you want the cake to be, but a simple idea would be a 2 tiered cake with a gumpaste crown on top and a gumpaste wand resting on the top of the bottom tier.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 12

Have you checked the galleries ? There are some really pretty ones in there...... http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=castle&album=-&search_user=
I also have one in my photos if you are to look.......
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1315656
My turrets are not edible..... I covered various sized cardboard rolls in fondant..... I couldn't figure out how you would secure real cake turrets without having them fall over......

katydyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katydyd Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 12

Ok thank you. i want it to be kind of simple because i am new to cake decorating.

Jaeger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaeger Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:44pm
post #5 of 12

I made edible turrets out of RKT and covered them with fondant. Very easy to do. icon_smile.gif

Cheryl

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 12

Use ice cream cones for the turrets.

Happy baking thumbs_up.gif

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm
post #7 of 12

I made a whimisical fairy castle cake out of MMF. Tthe top "castle" potion was cake and fondat. That top was her peice of cake and she actually did eat some of the towers. The whole cake was edible except the small fairies I decorated the castle with.

If you would like to see the picture is here:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1233520

pmaucher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmaucher Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #8 of 12

I just made a princess castle cake last weekend (in my photos). I made the walls out of white choc, except for the towers. They are made out of construction paper with pink/white choc rocks. It was a huge hit, and really heavy. Hope this helps.
Pam

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:58am
post #9 of 12

Check out youtube. there is this lady named nivia who has a tutorial.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:10pm
post #10 of 12

I did a pillow princess cake recently. It was my first and not hard at all. Look under my photos.

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 2:50am
post #11 of 12

I made this one last year for a 5 yr old princess, here's my pic...now her younger sister is turning 5 and she's wanting a princess dinosaur. LOL Gotta love kids huh? icon_biggrin.gif
LL

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 7:53am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

Check out youtube. there is this lady named nivia who has a tutorial.

just searched for that with no luck icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%