Omg Here They Are--Pics Of My New Shop !!

Business By Chef_Stef Updated 11 Jun 2009 , 4:39pm by sugarcheryl

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:54am
post #1 of 56

We bought and started on this in March, and I've been in it for about a week, super busy and I don't have time to explain the whole process, but it went very smoothly and we put it together for about a third of what we were quoted because we "know" people (plumbers, concrete guys, framers, drywallers, etc), and we did a lot of the work ourselves.

I can't tell you how much I love this space; I designed it top to bottom, and it's just right for me.

I'm slammed this week with cakes (we figured "If you build it, they will come"...and they have!), so I'll check back after the weekend.

Enjoy a stroll around my new space; I like to think it's like no bakery I've ever seen. icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

55 replies
mrscromer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscromer Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:02am
post #2 of 56

WOW! Congrats to you and your new bakery. I bet you are on cloud 9....way to go. icon_smile.gif

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:03am
post #3 of 56

WOW great job, it is gorgeous!! I am sooo jealous. Congrats & Happy Baking!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:24am
post #4 of 56

Now that is a great space!!! Congrats on being finished with it.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:36am
post #5 of 56

Good for you. It looks wonderful.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:45am
post #6 of 56

Fabulous icon_smile.gif

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:47am
post #7 of 56

all I can say is WOW!!!!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:50am
post #8 of 56

It's just perfect. So light and airy. Congratulations!!!!!!! and much success to you!!!

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 11:05am
post #9 of 56

Wow! Very nice. Congrats! thumbs_up.gif

tammi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammi Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:00pm
post #10 of 56

God Bless you on your new venture. It looks wonderful.

Take Care,
Tamara

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:18pm
post #11 of 56

Your space is gorgeous! Where are you hiding all your cake gadgets? It is so neat in there. icon_lol.gif You should line your beautiful entryway with blown up photos of your favorite cakes. Good luck to you. I wish you lots of success.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:23pm
post #12 of 56

WTG! Congratulations!

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:28pm
post #13 of 56

wow! icon_eek.gif

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:32pm
post #14 of 56

Congrats!! Where are you located?

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm
post #15 of 56

I don't know anything about what you should and shouldn't have, but this is wonderful! I especially love the space for you to sit down with clients.
Very nice!!! Congrats! Now sit back and take in the orders and money!!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:45pm
post #16 of 56

so beautiful & CLEAN!!! I love it. So, can you tell me details about your oven? How many cakes can you bake at once....is it a convection oven? cost?

Thanks!!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:29pm
post #17 of 56

Looks absolutely Fab!! Is this on your property or in town. LOve your consult area too, you did great!!!

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:35pm
post #18 of 56

Wow, that is beautiful. Wishing you lots of luck!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm
post #19 of 56

Breathtaking!! Absolutely breathtaking!

Many multiplied congratulations!!!!!

chrstmaskd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrstmaskd Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:36pm
post #20 of 56

Looks awesome, all of your hard work really shows. I hope one day to be able to venture into something like this and I too will be calling in the favors icon_smile.gif

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:43pm
post #21 of 56

Wow! That is beautiful, love the sitting area!! Your kitchen space is "to die for"", I am just so jealous!!! LoL! Congratulations, and I wish you much success!!!!

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:50pm
post #22 of 56

Thanks everyone. I'm off to decorate everything for this weekend and my daughter's sick, so it's a busy day but I'll try to answer everything. I'm attaching a pic of the building I'm in--we bought a space at the end in brand new construction in a new part of town, so in 5 years I'll be right in the thick of it. It's about 15 minutes from my house and less than 10 to the school, about 5 to Walmart (future Sams club), and an Albertsons is going in right next door soon.

The consult area has a 2' deep x 10' wide by ceiling-high space that will have glass shelves with about 7 display cakes on them--not done yet...

The gadgets are what you see--mixers and a food processor. Everything else is in the drawers and cabs. Still have to put the drawer hardware on; they don't open well without them! lol

The stove. I LOVE the stove. I have always hated convection and dreaded doing this, but I found this gorgeous thing on ebay for $1299.00 and had to do it. It is 28" x 28" inside and can hold up to 5 racks, so ...LOTS of cakes. I keep the fan on low and set the temp dial at just between 275 and 300 and just watch the cakes through the glass until they don't jiggle and try not to open the door at ALL until they're probably done. So far they have turned out perfect every single time, AND moist. I'm really just thrilled with it. What I wasn't thrilled with was the fact that the racking that came with it (which looked FINE in the pics on ebay) was rusted beyond usability, so I had to buy the guides and two racks, which cost me $370!!! For 2 racks! But anyway...I love it.

My main other thing that I'm grateful for every single day, is the sprayer on the sink. OMG. I don't know what I'd do without it.

The only thing I knew I'd wish I had bought is a big stand mixer, because sure enough today I need to make enough IMBC to cover a 4-tiered wedding, a grad cake, b-day cake, 2-tier anniv cake, 6" cake, and two 4" cakes...maybe I'll take my two mixers from home with me.

Love to you all...gotta go.
LL

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:20pm
post #23 of 56

Very nice indeed... and with your first big profit (or 5 icon_wink.gif) buy yourself at least a 10qt mixer. You deserve it!!

CountryCakery4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CountryCakery4 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:57pm
post #24 of 56

I'm so happy for you!!! Your space is just delicious looking! icon_wink.gif The BEST of luck to you. You keep manifesting those clients (if you build it they will come) and yes, do treat yourself to a great mixer. You'll be glad you did!!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 12:33am
post #25 of 56

Your new shop is beautiful. I love the colors and floors. It seems to be laid out very nice. Everything is so clean, it just glistens.
The outside is also wonderful.

You are going to love it there. Are you going to move upstairs?

Congratulations.
May your cakes always rise, and you have behaving brides. icon_lol.gif

-Debbie B. icon_biggrin.gif

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 12:43am
post #26 of 56

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY FOR YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS ON A BEAUTIFUL SPACE, BEAUTIFUL SHOPPING CENTER AND GORGEOUS DESIGN!

GOOD LUCK!

Amber

CarrieBear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrieBear Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 12:44am
post #27 of 56

congrats is beautiful! how exciting best of luck!!! icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 12:54am
post #28 of 56

Gorgeous! How many square feet do you have?

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:16am
post #29 of 56

Wow congrats!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:17am
post #30 of 56

double post

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%