Jumping Out Of My Skin With Excitement!!!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 7 Jun 2009 , 10:14pm by JGMB

CakeInfatuation Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:09am
post #1 of 38

I just have to share because I can't stand the waiting!!

Patience is not one of my strong suits. I have been casually looking for a cake decorating position for the past several months. Because of my 4 and 6 year olds, I haven't been really seriously looking because I just didn't know how I could pull it off. BUT I really want to get bakery experience.

WELL!!! I found an ad recently for a local bakery looking for a cake decorator. I e-mailed and asked for more details and sent 1 of my pictures. Their response to my cake was incredible! They just loved it. I sent them a link to more photos of my work Monday, they called me, and I went for a meeting with the owner yesterday.

It was soooo much better than anything I could have ever imagined! Looks like 1 day a week with additional work as needed for more detailed cakes. They'll have another decorator full time to do the more routine stuff and I'll be on staff to help give them that "WOW" Factor. They are completely understanding of the fact that I'm a mommy first but that I love cake and want to decorate.

I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement. Now I'm just waiting for the official offer with the details we need to work out. If you are a praying person, please pray! I'm soooo excited. The owners are soooo nice, the master baker is very nice, and it was beyond exciting to have bakery people really excited about my work. I can't even begin to describle how giddy I was when I left that meeting yesterday. Funny thing.. if a guy could be giddy, the owner's excitement would have been right up there with mine. ha ha!!! Hooray!

37 replies
lynda-bob Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:13am
post #2 of 38

WOW! Good luck and I'll pray for you. It sounds like the perfect set up. Kudos on their enthusiasm for your work! icon_smile.gif

beckycrocker Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:13am
post #3 of 38

Congratulations!! Sounds like a dream job! I must say, I'm a tad jealous! icon_lol.gif

paulstonia Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:14am
post #4 of 38

How exciting! Congratulations!

icer101 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:20am
post #5 of 38

hi, i am reallly happy for you. hope it turns into more hrs..if that is what you want. and can do..congrats again..

soobsessedwithcake Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:21am
post #6 of 38

Congratulations! I'm praying things turn out well for you!

Rylan Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:28am
post #7 of 38

Congratulations! Good luck =]

miny Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:30am
post #8 of 38

Congratulations!!!!! Of course I'll pray for you, be sure if that work wasn't for you God wouldn't allow it, for the look of it it a blessing for you and your family. Keep the good work. I get really happy when something good happens to any of my fellow CCers. thumbs_up.gif

maimai16 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:24am
post #9 of 38

omg, congrats!!! that's a great opportunity.... hope i'll have the same job soon icon_biggrin.gif

txsteph Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:29am
post #10 of 38

Congrats!! Well deserved!!

lildragon Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:32am
post #11 of 38

Congratulations!!!! That's amazing....I'm very happy for you!

jillangel Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:35pm
post #12 of 38

Holy crap I just looked at your cakes and they are amazing! This bakery is lucky to be getting you! I bet the guy was giddy with excitement! Glad things worked out for you!

cakes22 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:44pm
post #13 of 38

Yea for you~ doing the happy dance!! icon_biggrin.gif

CakeInfatuation Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:48pm
post #14 of 38

Thanks sooo much you guys!

The bakery wants to branch into more modern cakes. Right now they mostly do buttercream and although they are pretty, they are just kind of "nice".

He said he wants to be able to upsell the cakes and create that wow factor. As they develop a niche for this market, both my kids are in school all day, the demand, and my time are there, I'll be able to get more hours.

I've never done dummy cakes but am really excited about helping them get new displays throughout the shop to show what they are able to offer with me on board. My mind is racing with ideas already and I just can't wait!

It's torcher waiting for them to get back to me with the details. But I'm trying. I was up at 5:30 this morning cleaning my house because I couldn't sleep. I'm such a doof!

twindees Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:49pm
post #15 of 38

Congrats. I am praying right now. You got this. Lets be positive.

jaybug Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:50pm
post #16 of 38

Congrats!!! Hope everything works out great for you! thumbs_up.gif

CCCTina Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:51pm
post #17 of 38

Congratulations! No wonder they are wowed. Your pumpkin baby cake and the Minnie topper are amazing!

cylstrial Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:37pm
post #18 of 38

It sounds like you have it in the bag! That's awesome!! How perfect to be able to do cakes but only have to work one day a week!! We're keeping you in our prayers!

Franluvsfrosting Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:39pm
post #19 of 38

That sounds very exciting! Praying you hear from them soon so you don't go completely nuts! lol

Brownie1954 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:45pm
post #20 of 38

Congratulations!! How wonderful for you....It's great to hear something good happening for a person with all the mess we are in these days....Keep us posted as you start to work, and on down the line as you progress with them! Your cakes are fantastic!! thumbs_up.gif

Bellatheball Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:32pm
post #21 of 38

Well of course I had to go off and look at your photos. No surprise here. Your cakes are great. It's no wonder they want you. icon_biggrin.gif

Cathy26 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 11:16pm
post #22 of 38

Congrats!! though im not suprised at all, your work is immaculate, your website is really fantastic, all the best!!

floridagal Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 12:10am
post #23 of 38

Congrats!!! I hope that you hear some really great news VERY soon!! Praying that you know exactly what God's will is in this situation - it sounds pretty clear to me!

MrsLev557 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:35am
post #24 of 38

Congrats! Your work is awesome.. how could they say no!!

Best of Luck...

txsteph Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #25 of 38

If you have any more trouble sleeping, just hop a plane to Texas & you can clean my house anytime!! icon_wink.gif

sadsmile Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:43am
post #26 of 38

Hello, your cakes are amazing! I bet they are excited that they can charge more and make more too. Just make sure a good portion of that goes into your pocket if you can. This will be great to get your name out there also! So happy for you! This is something that I want to happen for me someday to. Best of luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes and see your new creations!

sadsmile Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:47am
post #27 of 38

Oh goodness I just saw that sweet baby in your blog! You could so put a green or blue diaper and it would make the cutest boy too! How about a lil frog or buttons on the back?

miss-tiff Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:58am
post #28 of 38

Oh, wow, I just looked at your blog. I love the "culinary" cake you made for your cousin. Amazing! You will definitely be able to add the "Wow" they're looking for! Good for you! thumbs_up.gif

aligotmatt Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:39am
post #29 of 38

Hey Congratulations!!!

I looked through your cakes and they are amazing! I also wanted to tell you that we go to Calvary Chapel as well! Not yours, but it's like we go to the same church <3

JGMB Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:50am
post #30 of 38

I'm giddy just from reading your good news!!! I'm heading to your photos now to have a look -- they must be fantastic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%