Decorating By playingwithsugar Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 1:48am by PinkZiab

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:34am
post #1 of 6
5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 6

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! I have never used it...but have been wanting to give it a try!

Moofiebonbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moofiebonbon Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 6

I was so excited to read this.
I was all ready to order at the higher cost, because I was able to convince my DH that icon_biggrin.gif "This stuff would change my life in a positive way" LOL icon_biggrin.gif
Man am I excited!
Do you know if I need to buy the combs as well to get full use out of it?
TIA

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 6

You can pretty much do everything a pump will do with a parchment cone....Leahs calls it her "glorified aquarium pump" or something like that icon_smile.gif...but I do like the comb that came with the DVD/Sugarveil package way back when.

It's tricky stuff. And messy as all get out. Gotta watch the humidity levels in your home....it can dry out faster than you can say boo, and it can take forever to dry as well. There is a small window of workability where it's too wet to pick up, then oh!!! grab it fast! then....damn...it's dry and breaking.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 6

that stuff is amazing!!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:48am
post #6 of 6

You do NOT, I repeat NOT need the pump system to use sugar veil. Everyone I know that has purchased it has regretted the expense. Save your money and just buy the mix. I use the mix and it works great, but I use it with my regular tools... don't waste your money on the full kit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%