I Need To Find Clover Color Ribbon....please Help.

Decorating By natalka Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 1:46am by natalka

natalka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natalka Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:19am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone I decited to ask you all since I went through so much to find this color and unsuccesful. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
I need clover (green) color ribbon for a wedding cake that I'm doing for my friend and it's simce imposible to find this color.
I even thought if I should do it in fondant but I don't know how to get to this color. Which colors to use to get to the right amount. If any one knows, please let me know I will apreciate sooooo.... much. icon_biggrin.gif Thank you!!!!! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:28am
post #2 of 6

Kelly Green should do you just fine in terms of a fondant ribbon... I'm not sure what you need in terms of "clover." I see that (in my mind's eye) as a green with a blue undertone (cool) vs. a yellow undertone (warm), so that's why I'd go with Kelly Green. Otherwise, do you have a Hobby Lobby, Michaels or a JoAnn Fabrics near you? They have amazing color choices in their ribbon department. I know you said you've gone through a lot to find it, so you have probably been to those places already...

edited to add that Wilton carries a Kelly Green

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:36am
post #3 of 6

If she has a swatch of anything that color get is Asap and start playing around with little amounts of fondant and color. leave it slightly lighter then the swatch. Let the color ripen and darken over night for the true color it will be. You can measure out a certian amount of fondant and then take notes on how many drops or toothpicks of color it took as a guide for when you need to make it. Most of all Breathe! You can do it!!!

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:46am
post #4 of 6

I get mine from my local florist,usually I can find a better selection of colors to choose from and there is more ribbon on the spool and it is cheaper that way too!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natalka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natalka Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:46am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all soooo... much for the help. I will try out different colors before, to make sure it will turn out to the right color.
I still have time till June 20th.
Even though bride wanted me to do it with real ribbon not fondant but she has no choice with this color. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Thank you ladies for the big help.
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%