Wedding Cake.... Can I Pull One Off???

Decorating By HappyCakesRose Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 12:45am by CarrieBear

HappyCakesRose Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:14am
post #1 of 4

I just started making cake in Sept 2008 and I have had a few people ask me about wedding cakes. How long was it until you tried to make your frist wedding cake???
I don't want to upset a Bride on her day. But I feel, I have grown on my cake ideas.
I think , I'm just scared. But I really think I can do it. dunce.gif

3 replies
350BakerStreet Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:20am
post #2 of 4

Let's see...I started in '03 and made my wedding cake in September of '05. Then I utterly destroyed my cousin-in-law's wedding cake just last month. Today, I'm still breathing and making cakes icon_biggrin.gif

Point is, you'll never know until you try. Trust in yourself, and enjoy it! You can do it!

blondeez Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:26am
post #3 of 4

I have still not had a chance to do a wedding cake. Even though I would love to, and have been decorating for awhile. I guess you need to ask yourself if you think you are ready to do one. As for disappointing the bride. Have you tried doing a small wedding cake for fun or tried to make a dummie wedding cake? I know for me at work we have a girl that does all our wedding cakes. My boss will never let anyone else do a wedding cake, even though lots of us can do scroll work and fondant work just as well as the girl that decorates our wedding cakes. I know that if someone came to me to do a wedding cake, I could do what they wanted.

CarrieBear Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:45am
post #4 of 4

I think you can pull off anything you want to if you have the ambition and a good attitude and arent afraid to learn. I have only been decorating cakes for 6 months and my first real cake was a wedding reception cake for a friend a few weeks back, pictures under my file its a Hawaiian themed cake, I was very proud of it and spend a lot of time on it because I am a perfectionist. I think it would be hard to tell its my first cake at a glance. I think you can absolutely do it if you try to. I just didnt let it intimidate me or let myself think that it was too hard. I definatley learned a lot and know what not to do and what to do for a few things for next time but thats all part of learning. I say go for it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%