Can You Freeze A Ganached Cake?

Decorating By Cakepro Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 2:33am by paulstonia

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 4

Hello ~

My question is for the Aussie girls (or any nationality who has experience with ganache-covered cakes):

Can you freeze a ganached cake? If so, can you freeze a ganached cake with fondant on it?

I have three HUGE and overwhelming cake orders for this weekend, and if I could freeze the cakes with the fondant and/or ganache on them already, that would save me a great deal of time.

Also, does anyone make the ganache out of standard Hershey's milk chocolate bars, and if so, is it at the standard 2:1 ratio?

Many thanks,
Sherri

3 replies
kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry, I don't know the answer to either but I want to know the answer to both. Especially the ratio for Hershey bar ganache! Yum. icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:08am
post #3 of 4

I'm not Australian but when we still had our coffee shop/restaurant, we froze our ganache covered chocolate cakes. I'm not sure how it will do well under fondant refrigerated but I would also love to know.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:33am
post #4 of 4

I don't think I would freeze the fondant. But ganache is supposed to work great under fondant, crisper edges. I've been wanting to try it myself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%