Is It Possible

Decorating By klg1152 Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 12:27am by iownajane

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 4

to transfer an image onto fondant? I need to put a fairly detailed image on fondant and didn't know if it could be put on an edible image. Any one know?

Thanks

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, have you done an edible image and you want know how to put it on the cake?

I have done only one cake with edible image. A great tip that I got from the person I bought the edible images from is to rub a tiny bit of shortening on the surface where image goes. I ran throught a small palatte knife under it to loosen it up can then using my big palette and my hands, I transfered it onto the cake. Since there's shortening on the surface, you can move it around without detroying it.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:18am
post #3 of 4

bashini thank you for the tip and your reply. i have not purchased the image yet i need to know if it can be transfered onto fondant.

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:27am
post #4 of 4

Not sure if this is what you're asking...I HAVE cut out edible images and "glued them onto fondant -covered cookies...I diluted plain piping gel with water,painted it onto the back of the image and then stuck them on..worked really well and dried and didn't move/smear...I just noticed that if you drop water onto an edible image ..it "melts" ...so be careful with that aspect..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%