Sometimes You Just Can't Win

Decorating By koppeskreations Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 4:50pm by Cake4ever

koppeskreations Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 18

Okay really I think I just live in an area where out of the box is just not the norm. I had an order for a 6th grade graduation ceremony. I charged them my typical sheet cake price but decided to to something a little bit more fun, and just good advertising for me. Everyone loved the cake ended up having enough to feed the whole school of 200 ish. But I was talking to a mom who helped and who will be in charge of the graduation ceremony next year and she was like, "it was really cute but I would rather just have next year a sheet cake with the little rosebuds for easier cutting". I (to myself was like REALLY, I could of just done a standard wedding cake sheet cake and that is all you wanted).

These people are just no fun. Just thought I'd share my story! Attached is a photo and I got the inspiration from the gallery and I apologize not sure who made the cake to start with but thanks!

Thanks

17 replies
neelycharmed Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 18

wow, I don't think I've ever had someone say... Umm, can we just have a simple cake.
how silly does that sound?
can't wait to see the picture!
Jodi

crazyteach Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 18

where is the picture posted? I would love to see what she didn't want! LOL!!

koppeskreations Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 18

Sorry try again to attach photo.
LL

koppeskreations Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 18

The funny thing is, I don't even really qualify this is that spectacular myself but way better than just a sheet cake!

BCo Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:19pm
post #6 of 18

Ahhh- People are just plain WEIRD if you ask me.....I come across people like this all the time and I just wonder how they make it through life on a daily basis......did they say what they wanted it to look like or did they just tell you to do whatever? Was she the one who ordered the cake? What does she care anyway? Why does it matter? The cake was cute, suck it up and just cut the thing or give the job to someone else if it kills ya that much!!!!!!!!!!!

This to me is like wearing high heels, I will suffer any pain there may be for a fabulous pair of high heels then wear any plain jane flat shoe with no style!! icon_lol.gif

Can't wait to see the pic either.......

Minstrelmiss Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:21pm
post #7 of 18

Oh my goodness....people are so ungrateful! Your cake is lovely and my school would be thrilled to receive it! icon_rolleyes.gif

Great job thumbs_up.gif

nannie Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:23pm
post #8 of 18

ok the cake is great thumbs_up.gif and she is a sour puss icon_twisted.gif

she is just one opinion and you should talk to others and see what they want.

Rosebuds for graduation icon_confused.gif

neelycharmed Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 18

great job!
too bad she didn't really appreciate what you did.
Thats much nicer then the basic grad cake.
icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #10 of 18

I can see that cutting it and serving size issues would be a challenge but get real and get over it that cake is Fab!

cakeinthebox4U Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:24pm
post #11 of 18

Honestly I think some people just like to complain and will do it about ANYTHING! I think your cake is really nice and I'm sure any other 6th grade graduating class would have been thrilled to recieve it. Can't wait to hear her complaint next year when you bring a simple sheet cake.... "ohh it's nice but not as creative as last years!" LOL icon_lol.gif

cas17 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:26pm
post #12 of 18

something similar has happend to me as well. people are really afraid to cut anything other that a regular ole sheet cake. i have to admit i was too until i started seriously decorating cakes and learned how.

cas17 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:27pm
post #13 of 18

oops, forgot to mention that your cake is awesome!!

JenLen Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:28pm
post #14 of 18

That woman is ridiculous, and she was expressing her own opinion. You said everyone loved your cake (as they should have!! icon_smile.gif). Forget her and remember this cake was really for the 6th graders, not the parents! I am sure they appreciated your extra effort!!!

koppeskreations Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:47pm
post #15 of 18

The best part of that cake order was that they only needed cake for like 45 people, which I told them was my 12x18 for $35.00. I did that cake on my own free will which actally is bigger than a 12x18 but knowing the teachers would take the extra home. I laughed when a gal who returned the board to me said they served it to the whole school and the 6th grade parents. They cut each layer apart like for a square serving, instead of a slimmer wedding cake style piece. Now that was some funny stufficon_smile.gif

crazyteach Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:07pm
post #16 of 18

Some people just like to have control! They don't want to be over shadowed by the cake-- She is probably fearing that everyone will like the cake and give you the credit- she won't see all the credit for putting the party together! Just a thought-- I loved the cake!

sadsmile Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:32pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppeskreations

The best part of that cake order was that they only needed cake for like 45 people, which I told them was my 12x18 for $35.00. I did that cake on my own free will which actally is bigger than a 12x18 but knowing the teachers would take the extra home. I laughed when a gal who returned the board to me said they served it to the whole school and the 6th grade parents. They cut each layer apart like for a square serving, instead of a slimmer wedding cake style piece. Now that was some funny stufficon_smile.gif

THat is exactly what I pictured them doing..hahaha quite a few naked slices from that bottom layer I bet. Sometimes people are just too much!

Cake4ever Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:50pm
post #18 of 18

There's always a snarky one in the bunch.

And what really happened was that your cake was so freaking awesome that the kids LOVED it, the parents LOVED it, and the teachers LOVED it. And there was not enough praise left over for her for being "in charge".

What she really means is, "Don't show me up next year, I am in charge and want all the glory for myself." Humph!... icon_rolleyes.gif

You stole the show! Good for you! icon_twisted.gifthumbs_up.gif

Crazyteach, we think alike girlfriend! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%