Cookie Bouquets???

Decorating By AZCakeGirl Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 2:25pm by cupcakelady64

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 4

I've made a few cookie bouquets before, but would now really like to start marketing them in my town. My questions is.....what do some of you use to put the bouquets in? I've used anything from pretty flower pots to baskets (both with Styrofoam inside to stick the cookie sticks into & then covered the styrofoam with pretty tissue).

My problem is that I do not do enough high volume to order anything bulk. However I'm worried that any pretty pots or baskets would not be there again when I go back to the store to purchase them. I don't want to take pictures of my bouquets & then deliver something that looks different to the customer. Anybody have a good ideas for a pretty "casing" rather than just a plain terra cotta flower pot? I need something that I can re-create over & over & know I can always purchase. Thanks!

3 replies
cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 4

You could use plain gift bags, I think walmart sells them for like .75 or something. Or go to the dollarstore and pick up some there. Our dollar store sells 3 for $1.00

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 4

Well you could use plain plastic flower pots and cover them with wrapping paper or several layers of colored cellophane. Then you could easily recreate a past design, or customize it to the customer's occasion.

cupcakelady64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelady64 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 4

I've even painted the outside of a terra cotta with something special to the person getting the bouquet. Just be sure to set it outside to dry very well and air the fumes. (Learned THAT the hard way!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%