Business Name On Cake Photos

Business By bakermommy4 Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 6:15pm by __Jamie__

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:50am
post #1 of 10

When I browse some of my fellow cc'er's websites...I notice their business name on the photos of their cakes and I think hmmmm, what a cool way to not have someone stealing the photos and claiming them as their work. Me being as computer literate as I am have no clue how to do that. Can someone tell me how to put my business name on all of my photos for my website...which is still under construction.

Thanks for any and all help with this.

9 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 10

It's usually done using some type of program such as photoshop. You can do it on paint. Usually, you would have to upload it with the watermark already.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 10

I totally understand why people do it. But it's so distracting, if it's full fledged white print! I like the ones that have the words faded a little bit. So that they can't copy, but it's not quite as in your face...I can't notice anything but the words.

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 10

Hi bakermommy4,

Go to picnik.com, upload your first photo. You can then edit it in numerous ways. If you click on the Create tab, you'll see on the left "Add text". That's where you can type in your business name, change the font to your liking, apply it and then move it around the pic til it's where you want it.

You can also change the color of the text so that it's not bright white. I like to use text in a soft silvery gray, so it doesn't compete with the photo image itself, but some people use a color to coordinate with their photo.

Then save to your computer, and do another photo.

Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 10

Since I now have my new logo (you can check it out here icon_biggrin.gif) I plan on just putting my logo in the bottom righthand corner of the cake photo - so it's still on there, but out of the way.

cylstrial Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 10

I like that idea CCR03! Where we can look at your logo?

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 10

oops!
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-634045-15.html

I'm going crazy posting it everywhere icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:48am
post #8 of 10

LOL! Thanks! It looks awesome! I saw it before (in another thread) when it was black and white and thought it looked good...but man does that color make a difference! Great job!

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:43pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede-cakes

Hi bakermommy4,

Go to picnik.com, upload your first photo. You can then edit it in numerous ways. If you click on the Create tab, you'll see on the left "Add text". That's where you can type in your business name, change the font to your liking, apply it and then move it around the pic til it's where you want it.

You can also change the color of the text so that it's not bright white. I like to use text in a soft silvery gray, so it doesn't compete with the photo image itself, but some people use a color to coordinate with their photo.

Then save to your computer, and do another photo.

Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

Tthanks for the tip on picnik!

I've used picnik before but its been awhile and I didnt realize it would be so easy to add my name to photos with a cute font, either...
I just wish I had the time to go and do all of my cake pics... maybe a few at a time.
Thanks again!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:15pm
post #10 of 10

Piiiiiiicccccnik...its awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%