Recipe For Poured Sugar For Beer Bottles

Sugar Work By ljdills Updated 17 Jun 2009 , 1:28am by cakelover888

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:53am
post #1 of 8

I have attempted to search in the recipe and forums. Will someone please share the recipe with me for poured sugar to make sugar beer bottles and ice?

7 replies
ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:06am
post #2 of 8

This is what I found:

directions, using 1/2 c. sugar and 1/2 c. light corn syrup.

I didn't have a 2 c. measuring cup, so I used a 4 c.,....cup.

I wanted a dark brown bottle, so I added a smidge of Wilton's brown coloring and stirred it into the mix.

Then I nuked it, just like SweetResults said, 50% power for 6 minutes, 100% power for 2 minutes.

I had hubby on stand by to help me out. He held the clay mold in one hand, and as I poured the sugar into the mold, he rotated the bottle mold. Pour some, spin, pour some, spin....until it was completely covered. I used the entire mix for one bottle and it doesn't seem too thick.

Here's the funny part...I used colored modeling clay for my clay mold. The heat from the sugar being poured ni started to melt the colored clay. My latex mold is now rainbow colored.

Next time, I will line the clay mold with some aluminum foil so the mold doesn't get funky.

I don't have pics of us actually pouring the sugar, but I did take some of what it looks like in the mold. As soon as I am sure it's hardened, I'll post the pics. (if it turns out well..LOL)

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 7:49am
post #3 of 8

Thank you very much. I am going to give this a try.

Eme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eme Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 8:35am
post #4 of 8

Here is the post/tutorial on making beer bottles... pictures included. ThisNameInUse is the member who shared this. The recipe is on the first page along with all her how to's for the bottle mold. Thought you might like the direct link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-624303.html

HTH

cakelover888 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelover888 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:13am
post #5 of 8

ok silly question...could some one tell me are we using regular sugar here for the beer bottle molds?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:20am
post #6 of 8

Yes, regular sugar. If you don't want your mixture to turn brown use 1/2 cup corn syrup and 1 cup sugar, microwave for 6 minutes on high and it will come out clear. But keep an eye on it as all microwaves are different. This is a great mixture for making ice. You can also add coloring once it has been cooked/

cakelover888 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:27am
post #7 of 8

thanks tiggy2...this is what I love about CC..cake people are such helpful and friendly people..I wish everyone in the world could be a fellow cake persons..lol

cakelover888 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 1:28am
post #8 of 8

thanks tiggy2...this is what I love about CC..cake people are such helpful and friendly people..I wish everyone in the world could be a fellow cake persons..lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%