Fondant Pricing

Business By diane706 Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 1:53pm by diane706

diane706 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:51am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of raising my prices for fondant covered/decorated cakes and I would love to get an idea what you all charge per serving for basic fondant decorating in your neck of the woods. Obviously it's going to be different depending on your location and type of fondant used but I would like to see an average. I'm currently charging a starting price of 5.00/serving. I use Satin Ice by the way. Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:59am
post #2 of 7

Lol...sounds good to me! I always support raising prices! Helps everyone out! Great cakes by the way.

Hey, by the way, someone on here was venting about not getting her cakes to turn out right at high altitude, like where you are probably...think you can help her out? I think the post was titled something along the lines of "scratch cake not working..vent"...something like that. I know you can find it in recent topics tab on front forum page.

diane706 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:11am
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the compliment! I'll check out the forum. (Although I'm a WASC girl... I'm not sure if scratch vs WASC makes a difference as far as altitude is concerned. hmmm

MaloSlatko Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:33am
post #4 of 7

I am a hobby baker who has no plans of ever doing it for a living so my opinion is not worth as much but I wholeheartedly vote for a raise icon_smile.gif

I am constantly shocked at how low the prices of some CC members are. As a fellow decorator I know how much work goes into the beautiful creations posted on here and think they are worh SOO much more. Cleaners charge more per hour over here.

So please do charge what you are worth. Your cakes are amazing. The baby shower gift stack is one of my all time favourite cakes on here. thumbs_up.gif

diane706 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:36am
post #5 of 7

Awww thanks! And AMEN sister ...

Quote:
Quote:

As a fellow decorator I know how much work goes into the beautiful creations posted on here and think they are worh SOO much more. Cleaners charge more per hour over here...

en-passant Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:39am
post #6 of 7

I charge 20% extra for rolled fondant. If they want really bright colors or lots of color I'll bump that up to 30-35%.

diane706 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:53pm
post #7 of 7

Anybody willing to share actual price per serving? I'm just REALLY curious. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%