Can You Help Me Figure Out How To Make This Wubbzy Cake??

Decorating By mommybrooke Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 3:26am by paulstonia

mommybrooke Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:12am
post #1 of 3

Hi! I am new here but have lurked for quite awhile!! I am pretty new to decorating and using fondant, etc. but I made my sons 2nd bday cake and it turned out okay for a newbie!!
I have a friend who wants this cake for her little girls bday this weekend and wanted me to help her - I do NOT know how to do it all though...can anyone help me?? It doesn't have to be the same size, could be smaller...I figure it is about three layers right?? The main thing that I didn't know about - the arms and tail...I figure the legs you can just make pretty easily from fondant right? But how would you do the arms and tail??
Sorry for so many newbie questions, but I would love any help!! Thanks!!
(and hope I post a pic right!!)
Image[/img]

2 replies
bakermommy4 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:19am
post #2 of 3

You may be able to shape the arms with rice krispy treats then cover them in fondant. The tail and legs too. I think to avoid the sinking in the arms like on the pic you could stick a nice size wooden dowel into the rkt then stick into the cake. Just a thought...still pretty new myself.

Hope that helps

paulstonia Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:26am
post #3 of 3

When I did my sponge bob cake (in my pictures if you want to take a look) I didn't have time to dry the arms so I covered wooden dowels with fondant and put all fondant hands on the end and just pushed the dowels into the sides of the cake. Even if you dry the fondant I think you would need dowels in the ends to help attach to the cake. As for the tale, since it is sitting on the cake board, you should be able to make it ahead of time and let it dry so that it holds it shape. 50/50 fondant and gumpaste will dry faster. Just attach the end of it to the cake with a little water or vanilla extract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%