Square Dummies??

Decorating By sugarmamma03 Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 12:39pm by ptanyer

sugarmamma03 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:01am
post #1 of 4

I am making a 3 tier square cake, the top two tiers will be styrofoam. THe bottom cake will be real.
I am just wondering if its best to sand the dummies a little bit so that the edges aren't as sharp. I am assuming that this would be best, but I wanted to hear what you do. Thanks!

3 replies
ptanyer Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:18am
post #2 of 4

I don't think you would need to sand the edges. I just did a 7 tier cake with one tier a dummy and once it is covered with fondant you can't tell the difference between the dummy and the cake tiers. Look at the newest wedding cake in my photos.

sugarmamma03 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:34am
post #3 of 4

What an incredibly beautiful cake! I hope you charged a lot for it icon_smile.gif
Thanks for the advice!

ptanyer Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:39pm
post #4 of 4

You are very welcome.

Actually, I didn't charge them anything for this cake. My sister paid for the actual costs of the cake and my "wedding gift" to the Bride and Groom (Bride is my niece) was making the cake, delivering it and setting it up.

I don't know what I would have charged someone else to do this cake. I didn't think about this cake in that way and I have about 50 hours in this cake, from making and baking cake layers to final set up. It's absolutely amazing how time slips away when you are working on cake!

Have a great day and good luck on your cake. Don't forget to post photos!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%