To Wong Foo Cake Ideas?

Decorating By adree313 Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 6:24pm by sadsmile

adree313 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:40am
post #1 of 6

so my friend and i are basically in love with the movie "to wong foo, thanks for everything, julie newmar". i hope someone on here has heard of it, and i'll be shocked if no one has. you know, the one with patrick swayze, welsey snipes, and john leguizamo... as drag queens? icon_biggrin.gif
anyways, her birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and i'm determined to do a to wong foo cake. i've come up with a couple ideas, but nothing that's blowing my mind. so i've come to you genuises (gen-i? icon_smile.gif ) . i know it just has to be sparkly, and gaudy, and over the top, and just plain FIERCE... they are drag queens after all. so, any ideas? thank you so much everyone!

5 replies
__Jamie__ Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:44am
post #2 of 6

Oh! Too about sparkly neon colored sunglasses, and some scarves....and a hair net, anda kleenex stuffed brassiere......and wow...lots of possibilities. That is such a good idea for a couch potato movie for this weekend, thanks for the idea!! icon_biggrin.gif

fabulosity Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 6

That big car that they drive around that breaks down...was it a red convertible??? Sunglasses, scarves...and was there not a pie festival or something in there. about a high heel? icon_biggrin.gif

adree313 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:32am
post #4 of 6

all of these are great ideas! and i have so many things swirling around in my head, but alas... my skill level is not high enough to accomplish any of these things even remotely well. my first idea was to do the room they stay in after they do the "decorating storm". full of sparkly fabrics, feather boas, cluttered vanities, etc, etc? ah so many possibilities... well at least i have a little bit of time.
thanks for all the ideas!

imamommy1205 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 6

How about a cake of one of the crazy dresses they were wearing. I was thinking Noxema's gold dress, but the gold might be harder to acheive. Maybe one of Vida's would be easier...or that bright green one Chi-Chi wears in the beginning. LOL, one of my all time favorite movies hahaha, can ya tell?

sadsmile Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 6

I know some frown on feathers and such around cake and cake boards but this cake just has to have some! And some big high heals! Make-up and things. Can't wait to see it! OOH and what about copying that picture and using it as a topper. Find a picture of that like Julie. Like a real picture frame made from an EI on a plaque with a Frame around it and the kiss mark. So sad he is so ill.

Quote by @%username% on %date%