Favorite Macsmom Wasc Recipes

Decorating By yummy Updated 13 May 2010 , 3:38pm by galliesway

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:36pm
post #31 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy

Would chocolate go well with the pistachio cardomom cake?

In my opinion, it would taste weird, but who knows? Plain vanilla buttercream goes well.

bakedbycody Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedbycody Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:41pm
post #32 of 51

yes, I think chocolate would be good with the pistachio cardamom

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 9:24pm
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy

Hi Anku. The tropical breeze cake is one of my first two to try. Did you use the rum or pineapple juice? What exactly is Malibu rum; does it have flavoring in it? What filling was originally given for that recipe? I was thinking pineapple filling. What kind and flavor icing did you use?

There was over 190 pages of cc members going crazy with excitement and praise to Macsmom for her generousity; and I know that more than three members has tried her recipes.

I understand that those of you who have tried a recipe or two may be busy. When you get the time please respond. I would love all feedback to help me decide which three wasc to try along with the orange creamsicle and the tropical breeze. I'm going to have four free days (this Thurs. - Sun.) to try out recipes; for upcoming cake orders starting at the end of this month. Looking forward to hearing from you all. TIA

I used pineapple juice as I wanted less of coconut flavor because it was for my daughters B'day. For sorbet I used Tropical flavor and for yogurt banana creme! I also put some of passion fruit compound the I got from Amoretti!!
I don't remember the original filling...but I'm sure pineapple filling will taste great! The icing was regular buttercream and then covered it with fondant!

Spongebob2109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spongebob2109 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 9:52pm
post #34 of 51

I have made her Almond Joy, Orange dreamsicle, Strawberry and Chocolate cake. I made a Banana Split cake using one layer of her Strawberry and Chocolate filled with Banana butter cream and iced with vanilla butter cream with chocolate ganache. They have all been a big hit.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 10:02pm
post #35 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbt4955

Here is an updated Google page with all the recipes. http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

If you want to read the whole thread, search for gourmet flavors ... here it is ... http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554-gourmet.html

I love the Orange Dreamsicle (I'm going to try it with Key Lime Pie yogurt and lime sherbet next). I used White Chocolate Truffle filling and my leftover filling went into white chocolate cream cheese icing! thumbs_up.gif

I made the key lime cake based on the orange recipe (lime yogurt, lime sherbert, a bit of lime zest, used a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding mix) and OMG.....SOOOO yummy!!!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 5:43pm
post #36 of 51

Hello to all. I have a couple of questions re: WASC variations...

This past weekend I tried the WASC coconut/mango with pineapple/cream cheese filling. It was very delicious, but I think I messed up when baking. The cake came out very dense/heavy and almost (almost) mushy icon_sad.gif
What I did was--I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 10x3 pan...I also used the baking strips and the heating core and let me tell you...the cake took hours to cook. I've read here to bake at 325degrees...Well, after being in the oven for a long time and the top was looking light brown I almost panicked and took it out. It did cooked, but it came out, like I said, really heavy and dense...is that the way is suppose to be?? Ive done other WASC and this one seemed to be quite heavy. What did I do wrong? was the pan too thick?(3' ) is it ok to use baking strips and heating core at the same time? although, the flavor was really good! icon_smile.gif

Ok, thank you all for your good advice.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:52am
post #37 of 51

I've tried:
Orange dreamsicle-paired it with orange cream cheese filling-delicious

Lemon(added lemon concentrate)-paired with white choc/lemon filling-delicious

Banana(used buttermilk instead of coffee creamer & 2 white mixes)-paired with bc flavored with banana cream LorAnn & topped with poured choc. ganache-delicious

Red velvet-it was really good, but next time I'll use buttermilk

wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:40am
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats242

I tried the chocolate WASC and actually no one liked it here. Oh well...I guess everyone is different. icon_smile.gif I use a recipe out of Cake Dr. for my chocolate.

Curious, did you alter the recipe in any way..ex. change an extract...etc?

wrightway777 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 1:13am
post #39 of 51

If anyone is curious please do not make the "Irish Cream Pound Cake" (from the google doc - it is not a MacsMom recipe) I had disastrous results...actually the worst I have ever done with a test cake.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:28am
post #40 of 51

In the chocolate cake........where do you get the Neilson Massey's chocolate extract?

wrightway777 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 11:08am
post #41 of 51

Do a product search on Google and then sort them from lo-high. You will find about 4-5 places that are about $5 (for two ounces). Look at a few b/c some "get you" on the shipping. May as well get the 4oz. If this doesnt make sense just let me know.

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:45pm
post #42 of 51

Does everyone just use buttercream icing for her Orange Dreamsicle cake?

Crabbabs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crabbabs Posted 12 May 2010 , 6:11pm
post #43 of 51

I recently tried some alcohol inspired macsmom recipes and they turned out great!

- Amaretto dream with amaretto buttercream: light and wonderful (my favorite)

- Irish Car Bomb Chocolate Guinness Cake with Irish cream pudding filling: It tastes exactly like a car bomb, but sweet. My boyfriend also loved the Guinness cake by itself. He ate all the scraps in three seconds flat. You definitely get the Guinness flavor, but it is not overpowering. It was a big hit at the event very unique and delicious.

- White Russian White Russian cake with chocolate kahlua pudding filling. Really really tasty with a complex flavor. All the flavors were very balanced and worked nicely together (I wasnt sure how it would turn out with the vodka, kahlua, chocolate, etc. but it was great.)

I was so happy that they all turned out well! I just do cakes as a hobby, but I got so many complements at this event on both the decorations and the flavors that many people asked for my card so they could order cakes. I owe it all to cake central and macsmom! Thanks!

808hedda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
808hedda Posted 12 May 2010 , 10:08pm
post #44 of 51

Has anyone tried the cinnamon roll version?

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:32pm
post #45 of 51

I think it's on the cupcake board, but someone is asking about Cinnabon and in that thread they talk about the cinnamon roll version.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 13 May 2010 , 11:52am
post #46 of 51

I tried the cinnamon roll version - the store was out of cinnamon roll yogurt, so I used vanilla yogurt and extra cinnamon. Took 2 dozen cupcakes to work at 8 AM, gone by 10 AM (12 people working).

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:22pm
post #47 of 51

Oh, now I am hungry! Saving this for my daughter as I am the cookier and she is the budding caker. Thanks to everyone who shared information! icon_smile.gif She will most assuredly appreciate it!

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:37pm
post #48 of 51

Orange Dreamsicle is my most requested cake. But I have also made the Peanut butter cup (2nd most requested), Strawberry shortcake, lemon raspberry zinger, pink champain, key lime, chocolate turtle, Chocolate raspberry, tuxedo, and a hole bunch more - all are very good. The only one I didn't care for is the Bailey's Irish cream.

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 13 May 2010 , 2:35pm
post #49 of 51

Where can I find Macsmom's white chocolate macadamia nut recipe? Didn't see it in the google doc.

Thanks!

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:01pm
post #50 of 51

ljhow623 what icing do you use for your Orange Dreamsicle? Anyone? Just buttercream?

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 13 May 2010 , 3:38pm
post #51 of 51

The Cinnamon Roll recipe is fantastic!!! I also made the Chocolate Chip which was a hit and that was without the filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%