Baking By Traycee Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 10:39pm by Jayde

Traycee Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:44am
post #1 of 4

Hi all,
I need help with a cheesecake filling & a white chocolate filling that will withstand the heat of an outside wedding. The cake will not be brought out until reception, well actually just before the wedding party is announced. I saw some recipes in the recipe section & was wondering if any have been used for an outside wedding OR if anyone has a tried & true recipe to share. TIA for any help/advice I can get.

3 replies
CakeLadySKB Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 4

If the recipe you are using is for a "baked" cheesecake, it should be refrigerated for 12 to 24 hours after baking. Then, one hour before serving, take it out of the frig to bring it to room temperature. So, take it out as stated in your post "just before the wedding party is announced". I've served baked cheesecake at room temperature for up to 2 hours in my pastry shop.

For more cheesecake recipes visit

Traycee Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:29am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for your response. Thought about a layer of cheesecake in between but that wouldn't work as I am also in the wedding & was therefore looking for sometype of cheesecake buttercream filling. Do you think mixing a box of cheesecake flavored pudding in the buttercream icing would work? Wedding cake will also be covered in fondant so I know it can't be refrigerated. Cakes will be baked Thursday & assemble Friday so that I will have time to get me ready.

Jayde Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 4

I just saw Macsmom's recipe in another thread....

Mock-Cheesecake Filling - MacsMom
16 oz cream cheese, softened
4 c Frostin Pride or Bettercreme
2 pkgs cheesecake pudding mix
Beat cream cheese 'til smooth cream cheese. Blend the dry pudding mixes into the whipped Bettercreme; blend into the cream cheese.

I'll bet this would work for you...

Quote by @%username% on %date%