Finally...my Sister's Shower Cake..and Apology..

Decorating By adven68 Updated 17 Jan 2007 , 8:57pm by Mickig

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 61

I just wanted to say that I am sorry for neglecting all of the pm's I have that are asking for help...I literally didn't have a minute to spare these past few days...so whatever hasn't been answered yet, I will start today!! Thanks for your patience.

And the reason why....my only sister is getting married...and guess who is in charge? I put together her shower for 72 ladies...it was yesterday. I came home at 4:30 pm....took a nap, and didn't wake up till 7:00 this morning! I attached a photo of the favors that I made...and the cake, of course. Both went over pretty well.

Thanks for looking!!
LL
LL

60 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 61

Stunning! I'm sure she was thrilled! What a lucky lady she is to have such a telented sister! I can't wait to see what her wedding cake looks like!

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 61

You have been busy!! Those are awesome! One day I hope to have an ounce of your talent. I think people will understand why you could not answer pms immediately. Take a break, you deserve it! thumbs_up.gif

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 61

WOW!!! No wonder you went to bed and slept so long!!What a beautiful cake! I aspire to be so good!! I bet they were all quite wowed by it all! Congrats on your sucess!!

kris2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris2005 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 61

omg the cake is beatiful and so are the favors.just beautiful,elegant its amazing....

HIPrincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HIPrincess Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 61

Your cake is phenomenal. Fantastic job. How long did it take you to make that? I love your favors, is there anyway I can get directions for them or at least see a closer view. I clicked on it and it is still difficult for me to see. Thanks much!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:59pm
post #7 of 61

Beautiful cake, as we've come to expect icon_wink.gif,
and are you KIDDING me with those favors-WOW. What are those miniscule hangers made of???
Kathy

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 61

Another STUNNA, I won't even pat you on the back anymore...my hand would get tired!

You are absolutely amazing!!

"I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!" I don't care if you're baking and decorating in your closet at home...you are amazing! And I hope that your DH can at least rub your tired little piggies!!

Much love!! much hugs!!

and I'm green with envy!!! lol

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:00pm
post #9 of 61

Absolutely stunning!!! What a wonderful sister you are!!!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:01pm
post #10 of 61

What a BEAUTIFUL cake! I hope NONE of the girls at my church EVER find out about this site. They will be wanting a shower cake like that! LOLL Absolutely incredible. SOOOO Classy! Now, are YOU doing the wedding cake as well as coordinating? If so, you are in my prayers and you ARE my new HERO!!

Beth in KY

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:02pm
post #11 of 61

Beautiful work. I love the shoe!

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:03pm
post #12 of 61

Wow!! Absolutly stunning!!! All of you CC's wow me...you're all so talentd!! Just when I think I've see the best cake ever I see another cake and get more amazed! LOL Fantastic job!!!!!! I know your sister was very,very pleased!!!

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:07pm
post #13 of 61

BEAUTIFUL JOB thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:13pm
post #14 of 61

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Both the cake and the favors. Your sister is a very lucky lady indeed!

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:29pm
post #15 of 61

What a gorgeous cake - can't imagine ever being able to do something that elegant! Tell me, what were those favors, hankies? I love them too!

deb

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:40pm
post #16 of 61

yah know its not just that the designs are always stunning -its the perfection of the details that is utterly amazing!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:44pm
post #17 of 61

WOW, no AWESOME! I can't believe my eyes! LOVELY!

kstgelais4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstgelais4 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 2:49pm
post #18 of 61

Absolutely beautiful! I love those favors too!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:02pm
post #19 of 61

That cake is absolutely extraordinary! It's really amazing. You did an amazing job on it. What a great sister you are! icon_biggrin.gif

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:40pm
post #20 of 61

you did a beautiful job.

EvieP606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvieP606 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:51pm
post #21 of 61

Amazing job! Your sister is very blessed to be so loved.

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:52pm
post #22 of 61

simply gorgeous!!!!

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:58pm
post #23 of 61

Oh my good grannies. Oh my sweet bajeebers. WOW.

You are totally the best sister anyone could hope to have. You sure did do an amazing job for her on this! icon_surprised.gificon_smile.gif

Stunning and beautiful. Your details are unreal.

You rock.

--Knox--

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 3:58pm
post #24 of 61

Wow. That is one beautiful cake. I bet your sister loved it. One day I hope to be that talented.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 4:01pm
post #25 of 61

OMG! Absolutely stunning! What an amazing cake! You must be very proud!

stampinam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampinam Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 4:08pm
post #26 of 61

Your cake is stunning and I just love your favors. Would you be willing to share the directions for the favors? I think I could make those. I won't even ask about the cake - way beyond my abilities at this point!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks!

[email protected]

AnnMarie

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 5:09pm
post #27 of 61

Holy cow....you guys are amazing...thanks so much for your comments! A lot of you asked about the favors...I know the photo is kinda small to see the detail...I'll email anyone the closeup if you'd like. (I don't think we're supposed to upload non-food items in the gallery).
I ordered these beautiful crisp lace handkerchiefs online at
http://www.embroiderthis.com/lachan.html

then I ordered the doll clothes hangers at www.skybluepink.com

they were plain, so I took my needlenose pliers to them and curly-cued the top part...

I used heavyweight (140 lbs) paper for the bodice. I used watercolor paper. Cut out a 4" x 2" rectangle, and fold in half and hold so the folded part is the top of the bodice. Cut out the neck. Now when you open the paper, you will see sort of an oval shape in the middle of it. With it closed again, cut the angles to form the bottom of the bodice.
I put a tiny piece of double stick foam tape inside to hold the hanky. Hold the hankie so one point is on top, bring the point down, about an inch from the bottom , then fold the side corners to the back in a kite shape. Put the hankie on the double stick tape, put a dab of glue-stick in each "shoulder" (where the hangers will touch) and slip the hanger inside the bodice. Tie a piece of sheer ribbon in a bow around the waist.
Then, to add Jordan almonds, take a piece of 1/8" (3mm) fabric ribbon put it around the bodice(under the bow so it doesn't show) and tie the tulle with the almonds in the back, add a thank you tag if you wish.
With the almonds in the back, the dress sits up perfectly on a place setting. They made the tables look gorgeous yesterday. I hope I didn't miss anything....

Thanks again!

mommabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabear Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 5:16pm
post #28 of 61

I hope you had atleast a little bit of help with all those favors. The cake was beautiful, i wish i had that much talent!!!

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 5:23pm
post #29 of 61

Awesome cake!! I love it! The favors are beautiful also.. what a lot of work!

bakesweet06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakesweet06 Posted 15 Jan 2007 , 5:34pm
post #30 of 61

wow wow wow !!! thumbs_up.gif JUST GORGEOUS

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%